Looking for Pharmacy Tech Job in North ATL area

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

Gonna go ahead and apologize for the length.

Hey guys, after 3+ months of searching through job listing websites and literally knocking on doors i figured i'd try you guys. at the end of last year i took a 13 week certification class at Kennesaw State and then took (and passed) the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam on December 8th.

I really would like to start working in a hospital or similar outpatient setting, but what i have found is that most of those guys want experience of some sort. Well I have none. But isn't that what taking the class and getting certified is all about?? Guess not. I know way more than your average Joe coming in off the streets would know about filling prescriptions, but the problem is Georgia (is gay) and doesn't require Pharmacy Technicians to be certified (like me and all but 16 states require), so the problem I'm running into is most "retail" places would rather hire an "average Joe" who isn't certified over me, because they can pay him/her less.

Here is what I am looking/hoping for. I REFUSE to work in a CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens type store because they are using their Techs to run cash registers at 11pm to sell cokes and candy. Sorry, but that's not what I paid to go to school and get certified to do. I want to fill prescriptions. I would ideally like to work in a hospital/outpatient/compounding/home care pharmacy. I would be open to a Kroger or Publix (already applied to the local Kennesaw area ones and ALL tech positions are filled at BOTH).

Anyways, here's where you guys come in. I was talking to Rick (Techlord) at Dana's BDAY and he told me his uncle was a pharmacist near New Orleans (moving would require recertification and money i dont have). So I figured maybe someone else on here was related to and/or new some local pharmacists/techs that had some openings and could help me out. Ideally I NEED something FULL TIME w/ benefits, but at this point i'll take anything thats a foot in the door.

please post up or PM me with any info

thanks in advance,
    Jake

2. My mom is actually a pharmacist here in Columbus at St. Francis Hospital and i think they are always low but this is in Columbus.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

find out details for me please. I.E. pay, if they'll hire someone with no experience, full or part time, etc. And PM me PLEASE!! And thanks!

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

bump

5. She left for TX last night for a conference with 3 other pharmacist so i have to wait a little later in to the night to get in touch with her but I'll be sure to ask and send you a pm.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

thanks man. im working tonight but i'll respond when i get home.

anyone else?

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

my sister is a doctor down in augusta.. i could ask her

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

sure. my mom's cousin used to live/work in augusta as well.

LMK

9. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I would apply at Wal-Greens, Kroger, Publix and CVS too they have Pharm-Tech Jobs. -Joe

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i said in my post that i am open to kroger and publix (i've already applied at both and have a recommendation on my resume from a kroger pharmacist at their corporate office), but not 24hr standalones like walgreens or CVS.

i've gotten a couple good leads, thanks guys. keep them coming!!