Looking for some audio upgrades....

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by scoobaru, Feb 21, 2015.

1. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I've seen people use the jdm dash bezel, but just trying to clarify their purpose. Is it so you don't have to use a dash kit, giving it a flush look?

Also. Looking to upgrade the front components and add a sub/amp combo. Looking for a single 10". Any recommendations? I'm not a huge audio head but I want it to sound good. I heard the Focal 165-AS and they sound great. Just wondered if they were worth the money. Also heard the DD audio 1510-D4 sub and thought it was awesome.

As for head unit, I was interested in the appradio 4, but not so much now. I want a double din that has bluetooth and has some capability with my iphone. Was looking at this one......
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X36...39465&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439294865&awdv=c

or this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LypA5ACEcHa/p_130X4700BS/Pioneer-AVH-X4700BS.html

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. b reel

b reel Active Member

Go hit up Ben at Real Time Audio (678) 960-4540

He's right up the road from you

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I was actually in there yesterday, talking to Nelson (co-owner i think?) Which is what got me interested in the focal and DD stuff. I also heard some rockford components that sounded good...until I heard the focal lol.

And their pricing wasn't horrible, but being the cheap-ass I am I have found almost everything cheaper online.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

Ben is the other half and sometimes it's worth a little extra when you have him do the install. A few members here can vouch for his attention to detail.

5. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

Headunit: 1. Alpine 2. Pioneer Premier (Not the ones sold in Walmart lol)

Speakers/Subs 1. Memphis > 2. Alpine > 3. JL

Amp: I usually buy matching whichever brand I choose above