Lots and lots of out of memory errors

Discussion in 'Meta' started by Cool_____, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Something funky going on with the server or the web host provider. Getting lots of out of memory errors that a simple refresh usually fixes. Next one I get I will screen shot and post up.

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, I even got one trying to view this thread for the first time. Here are the last 2:

I think that the site can't handle epic drama or monkey business.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Epic quote in bold.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dunno if it's related but the banners on the top of the screen aren't working....just noticed that.

5. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Happening to me as well.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Last one.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Another

8. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6029312) (tried to allocate 82 bytes) in /home/ascelon/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 3436

Seems its getting worse for me.

9. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Some of you cheap asses need to puny up some money so Alex can upgrade the server! I need my daily monkey business readings without interruptions!

10. tolnep

tolnep Member

this..

[​IMG]

11. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

Arg!!!!!!!

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

And this....
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forums/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.41 Server at wrxatlanta.com Port 80

13. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

This must be the fault of that BatlForgedSpeed shop!!! I read about them in another post.

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I think its because there are so many members logged in right now. Haven't seen this many at once for about a month.

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Site seems to be working good, but did get one error message today, similar to what there was the other day.

16. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7077888) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/ascelon/public_html/forums/includes/functions_databuild.php on line 998

17. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I still don't get e-mail notifications

18. WJM

WJM Banned

I turned all my email notifications off.

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The plans for a server migration and hardware upgrades are preliminary right now. However, I am reviewing options and am pushing to have this matter settled as soon as possible. In the meantime I may see what I can do about having more memory installed on our current server.

I truly appreciate everyone's patience with the recent server issues. The logs do not indicate traffic / bandwidth use as the culprit for the memory problems. In fact, I spent several hours combing through the server last week to track down the processes that were causing issues. Regarding the email notifications -- it appears that our IP address has been blacklisted by several major ISPs / Domains. I am working as quickly and diligently as my time allows to rectify these two issues for us all. Thank you for your continued patience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  20. revel

revel Member

i keep getting a database error when i try and go to my PMs or user cp

21. Alex

Are you able to email me the error?

alex at wrxatlanta dot com

22. revel

revel Member

not gettin the error thing today. if it happens again i will email it to ya

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ascelon/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php(5737) : eval()'d code on line 67

24. Alex

Interesting, I have not seen that one before.