Map cost?

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by jautry27, Dec 26, 2012.

1. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I was just curious how much All Pro charges for a map? I acquired an AEM CAI and want to get a map for it so it won't hurt my car. I currently am just running a K&N panel filter. No other upgrades other than the fact that it is an EJ257 block.

2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

If you're talking about a pro tune, allpro doesn't do them. Either get a Cobb ap and contact an online tuner like Clark turner, learn how to open source tune with a tactrix cable or get in touch with any of our talented (nationally recognized) shops with an awd dyno to get tuned.

3. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Will do then. Just thought this would be a good place to start

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

5. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I think it's kind of crazy they are $250 when a brand new set is $299. I would like to get a set of springs, but then again, there a a LOT of things I want to get for my car. The AEM is used, has a couple dings on it, and came off of a bugeye. I didn't pay for it, so I didn't lose any money on it. I wouldn't even know where to start price wise if I sold it. It comes with the K&N filter.

6. jautry27

jautry27 Member

It also has the MAF sensor attached to it if that helps with the price

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

they pretty much all do

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

That price is shipped. Shipping from where he is is about $20-$40. It's a good price.

Keep the MAF and sell the CAI.

9. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I'm sure they will be gone before I can come up with the $250. I know I wont get that much for the CAI. It would be about another 2 weeks before I saved the money to get those springs after paying bills first.

10. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I threw it up in the Garage Sale to see what people will offer...

11. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I just don't get how you are thinking about getting a tune if you are so broke? Tunes are $300-450 iirc.

12. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Yep and an AccessPort costs that much too. My opinion...given your budget...leave the motor alone. Do suspension mods. The car is fast enough stock and every change you make will require tuning. Suspension on these cars makes them INSANELY fun even at stock power levels. Biggest bang for buck in my opinion. I did all of the suspension first FWIW.

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Being as broke as he is, no offense intended, I would leave modding altogether alone, and just stack up on savings.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  14. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Best idea yet.

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member