Matisyahu-youth

Discussion in 'Music' started by Demo24, May 26, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Does anyone else listen to him? I just bought his CD after listening to the two songs they play on the radio(99x). Those two songs would probably be the most "exciting" I supose you can say. Not as in the best on there, but the others are a lot more mellow. I honestly love it! He has a great sound and nothing like modern day hip-hop stuff. Bascially he runs the border line of hip-hop and alternative rock. Probably the only jewish musician that I really know about. He really brings that into his music as well and you can tell the sound is influenced by the middle-eastern area.

Definatly a great CD to play when your in a calm mood, other wise I recommend cranking up some seether:rofl:

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

you heard of the beastie boys?...jewish

matis is a very good CD

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

yah, i like King Without a Crown, haven't heard the CD though.

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Or Paula Abdul, Bob Dylan, Lisa Loeb, Lou Reed... :)

But yeah, I like Matisyahu. He just seems so damn happy and positive, which is nice for a change!

5. socrates42

socrates42 Member

I personally think live at stubbs is a better cd by him, his music really comes into its own live.

6. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yeah, their songs can be funny at times. But I don't really like them to much.

I have noticed that Matisyahu is one of the few that sounds nearly the same live as he does on CD. :)

7. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

he had a pretty fun live show at bonnaroo before he was a big name. His band is definately a talented group of reggae musicians, it's really neat to hear it mixed with his hip hop MC skills. Also, he was never preachy onstage, just had a positive message and that was refreshing.