Maybe its time for the pros..?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by izzy_the_impressa, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Im done trying to fix my cars.. All I do is break them. Im currently having an issue with what I can only imagine is either my front passenger cv axle acting up &/or my drivetrans messed up.. idk.. Im in smyrna & would really like to get this checked & possibly fixed.. I wanna live in a city where I dont need cars anymore. Dont get me wrong! I love my Subaru as well as do I love to drive fast but after a while...$$$$$ I just :eek:hnoes:

-Cheers

ps. thanks for listening to be bi*ch.

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

you can get it to any of the shops, but AllPro will probably be your cheapest / best bet. Talk to Brandon up there, he'll help you out

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Andy at killshot does great work and probably closer to you in Marietta.

4. I saw them online.. I think ill give them a call then

- Cheers

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Stinks. There are several great shops that will set you straight.

6. I got the news back from Andy at Kill Shot & he quoted me over $1300 to fix the car with used parts mind you cause new would put me at $2000! Im not familiar with Subaru's so i don't know how much things like this cost but Im shocked to hear that the part (used) is $250 & so labor is $1100...

Does this sound right..? I think I need another quote...

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I'd check with allpro. They have been very helpful for a lot of people on the boards, especially when it comes down to a budget

8. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

so what exactly is wrong with it?

9. The center diff. seized up.. It started making this terrible metal on metal sound. Glad I went with Andy though, he is really helping me out. Now Im gonna need an alignment & a new set of tires :(

-Cheers to the help :coolugh:

10. tolnep

tolnep Member

relative has a forester. automatic. center diff went. luckily it was two weeks before the warranty ran out. i think it would have cost around 2000 or thereabouts a the dealer otherwise.

folks dont realize how important it is to keep all 4 corners of a subie running the same size tires or not allowing one tire to wear out faster than the others and not doing anything about it and driving around. or putting different size tires on the car. or running a small spare for extended time.

tearing down and rebuilding the trans auto or manual is expensive.

11. 02SubeWagon

02SubeWagon New Member

Wow

I am new but have had some experience with subies.

Good luck

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can almost guarantee that AllPro can prolly beat that price esp if they have the needed part in their inventory. Give them a call.

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

14. The car has already been fixed and the customer is extremely satisfied. For all who would like to know the price was not to just slap a used center diff. in, it also included all seals frt. diff bearings, input bearing and completely disassembling trans. to inspect for any damage. upon reassembly I perform my syncro mods to any trans. I open. I am not a fix something half way shop, if I go into a trans. or anything for that matter I am going to make sure it is right, even if I have to lose my ass on it!

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Superb. If the customer is happy that's all that matters.