Mercedes knowledge?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nik_05STi, Oct 2, 2014.

1. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Can anyone give me info on the 2009 Mercedes E350 sport. Possibly looking into one around January. I'm hoping with 2015 on the way, the 2009 body styles might decrease a little more in price. And getting this car is only possible if I sell my STI. Info? Suggestions? Feedback?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. KGraska

KGraska Member

They are good cars and very nice to drive. I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it "sporty" compared to the BMW 5-series and some of its other competitors. Engine is solid, no turbos to worry about as far as longevity. As with most german cars, the motor and tranny could last forever, but the electrical stuff will most likely need attention in the future: Sensors, switches, window motors, seat motors, etc...

Look at the 2010's if they are in your budget...there is a lot more technology in the 2010 and it's a little more refined. If you're near Marietta, I have a few in each body style if you wanna drive and compare them.

Now playing devils advocate....I would also recommend driving a 08-2010 BMW 535i. A little more sporty than the E350 and better power with the turbos. The steering feel is pretty impressive as well. Its a twin turbo I6 with 300/300 from the factory, hook up a Cobb AP or JB4 and it'll make close to 400/400. With that being said, it won't be as reliable as the E350...but it would keep up with your old STi.

3. kaylee

kaylee New Member

I agree, go for a 2010 or later. The 2002-09 Mercedes had CAN buss module issues in every line during those years.

4. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

The reason I picked the 2009 was for the body style. I think the 2010 and up looks kind of tall for a sedan

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Kgraska, if I'm around Iqautos sometime I'll stop by. I work at carmax in Roswell and there's an e350 next door to us as well

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Keep your STi

7. KGraska

KGraska Member

The 2010 is actually shorter than the 09 by about an inch....its about an inch longer as well.

Come by one day and I'll let you test out whatever you want.

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I might be interested in your sti. ;)

9. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

My dad actually wants me to keep the sti too. If I don't decide to get another car by mid January, I'll keep the sti forever

10. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Test drove a few cars, newer is nicer no doubt. But that drivers feel isn't their compared to my subi. Will continue to keep the sti

11. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

This thread can be deleted