Merry X-mas to me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Dec 17, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

OK, most of you probably won't know why this is so cool, but...

[​IMG]

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

SWEET. great choice.

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

whats that toy do? Is that one of those boxes that are like a bunch of different pedals all in one?

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nope, though I want one (actually I really want a PodXT) as well. This one has a pickup that tracks each string and transforms it into pitch/velocity/level/etc values for the built-in synth... it also does midi out, but then you start dealing with delay issues inherent in the MIDI protocol. Basically, it's the ultimate way to go for adding synth to your guitar. You can mix it anywhere from all guitar to all synth too, so if you want to add a hint of strings or pipes to your guitar, it'll do it. For an idea of what it sounds like, listen to any 90s Di Meola album.

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

thankfully I lack musical ability.. otherwise I would be having another hobby to fund :)

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thankfully i dont have any other hobbies...

7. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

roland gr.... sweeeet!

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Hey, anyone want to give guitar lessons on here? I have one, but haven't learned how to play....

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'm nowhere near good enough on guitar to give lessons, but if you ever decide to pick up the sax let me know :naughty:

10. monk

you may want to ask alex, i think he plays... i could teach you all of the scales and modes of keys (as well as some nifty acrobatics) but i barely have enough time to pick up the instrument more than once a week these days. full sus2/4 chords make my hands hurt these days... blah growing up sux.

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I myself prefer to play in G# major ;)

Monk, are you one of those "hey, let's jam in C sharp Locrian" type guys? I hate you people. :) I know all the modes but not well enough to play them without having to think about it first ("umm.. d flat locrian, that's like D major so it's two sharps..."). I'm just destined to fail as a jazz player. :wtc:

12. monk

LOL... oh i'm not that sharp anymore (no pun intended), my fav key is Dmin, very sad and soulful scale, regardless of mode.

yeah i was one of those guys :p but i was self taught first so i always liked to play by feel/ear and analyze it later.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  13. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

ya but can it pick up chicks like my puppy?

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Hehe, D Minor is the saddest of all keys according to Nigel Tufnel too ;)

15. monk

LOL and eddie v halen and vai and i think satch too. i used to read a lot of mags, god i was such a nerd...

oh and yes without a doubt it can pick up chicks faster than a puppy. 0-sex in nothin flat (nothing like a sound-check romp).