Mexico set to decriminalise pot and cocaine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Apr 28, 2006.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060428...uhvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

wow is all i have to say.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Time for a g2g in Mexico :)

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

looks like we will be losing a good portion of our active members, due to them moving to mexico

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

has canada decriminalized marijuana yet? i have heard that they have or are really close to getting it decriminalized.

i'm wondering what effect the decriminalization of marijuana in canada and mexico will have on the US. hopefully this will help put pressure to get it decriminalized here.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Naw, Mexico isn't that far away, we can plan a weekend trip, get some peyote and trip for 12 hours. It will be fun, who's in?

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Aside from Vancouver, I don't know of any other places in Canada that have decriminalized it.

The Mexico thing is good for the Pot part, but I don't know about decriminalizing Cocaine, Heroine, LSD, and Peyote.

8. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

think you are right about vancouver.

and yeah, i don't know about the other drugs, marijuana is the only one i would agree to have decriminalized.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek4:

10. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

your right but if you noticed the amounts of those drugs are very very small. 500mg of cocaine isnt much at all.

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Agreed, but I still think it sends the wrong impression for the others. And 5 grams of Pot is nothing. Less than a 1/4, 2 days supply, if even that. Maybe they are going to go all out on busting people for Buying and Selling, and by limiting it to 5 Grams, people will have to buy much, much, more often, putting them in danger to get busted when they buy.

12. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

well hell, if they're gonna decriminalize it they might as well put a weed tax on it like they have here for medicinal marijuana...they're still leaving the stuff on the black market.

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

All those Mexican resorts are going to find a new type of tourista.

14. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Should be no different than what the border towns are already like. I crossed over at Nogales in Az when I was there for work. I just wanted to be able to say I had been to Mexico and pick up some gifts for the kids.

Almost every store was a pharmacy that would fill any prescription you could make up.

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Update, The law passed 53 votes for it to 26 against

16. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

My cousin lives in Toronto and she has been pulled over smoking a joint and all the officer did was make her throw it out and let her keep the rest of her weed. He said to invite him next time. Lol. So though it isn't decriminalized, I wouldn't say it is "illegal".

Isn't it legailzed in Alaska technically?

17. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Legalize it and tax the hell out of it is what I say, it would be much more consistent and probably cheaper than street prices.

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Wow wacky tabacki gone legal...ah the toursist will be commin out now lol.

hmm and where do you go:naughty::rofl: it should only be taxed if the fair tax is in place that way I could afford it lol.

19. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Well I have seen people in MUCH worse shape after a few drinks over a bowl. I don't see the logic of legalizing alcohol and not marijuana. You cannot OD on marijuana (well I've never heard of it happening), but you can die from alcohol poisoning. Doesn't make sense to me.

20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

[Peter Tosh]

Legalize it - don't criticize it
    Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee
    Some call it the weed
    Some call it Marijuana
    Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it
    And players of instruments too
    Legalize it, yeah, yeah
    That's the best thing you can do
    Doctors smoke it
    Nurses smoke it
    Judges smoke it
    Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu
    It's good for asthma
    Good for tuberculosis
    Even umara composis

Bird eat it
    And they leave it
    Fowls eat it
    Goats love to play with it

[/Peter Tosh]

21. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^^^valid point. one thing you have to look at is if they legalized the sticky icky, a lot of restrictions would have to be factored in like the military. then you'd have a lot of pissed off military ppl saying its not fair, blah this, and blah that. but then again, we are already restricted from doing a lot anyways. would be interesting to say the least.

22. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

1 for the trouble 8 for the road
    7 to get ready when i'm lettin off all my load.
    Funk buddah monk in the trunk
    I got you thumpin so hard
    Up and down the boulivard.
    I'm a natural born cap peeler
    Strap dealer on the west coast
    Settin it off no one's realer
    Get your fix of the uncut funk
    A small dose of the skunk weed
    Like it supposed to be move it out
    Just move it on out what you talkin about son
    I got the first shot and its all over now
    One nation under a groove
    Smoke a pound for the skunk of it
    Every time i make a move.
    Smooth and together raw like leather
    Ain't goin out like a punk never.

(Hook)
    Check it out 1, 2, cypress kru
    What you wanna do. [Repeat]

Its the number one money maker
    Money take a few steps back
    I'm on a plane to jamaica
    Puffin on a fat white owl
    Tuff shit for the fool thinkin i'm foul
    I got the ruff shit.
    Hard rock bone break stoned raider
    In the temple of boom not safe to assume
    That i be lettin shit slide no way
    Bitch niggas can hide but i'll find their ass
    Some day. Check it out 1' 2 cypress kru
    What you wanna do
    Where ever you are put your motha fuckin spliff
    In the air sound off like you got a pair
    When i kick to the metronome click
    Be lookin around cuz the shit ain't over with yet
    People can't understand my situation
    Now they're cought up in a soul assassination
    Fool just take cover its all over
    When i break you off a chunk of this motha fucka

(hook)
    Check it out 1, 2, cypress kru
    What you wanna do [repeat].

Title: EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED

Hit the joint of the bomb, take a puff.
    Till you just can't get enough, of the skunk.
    A punk nigga name dole; wanna take controll,
    But i free my soul puff on the indo.
    Let me take it in, then i let it out.
    One of you mother fuckas pass the white owl.
    Peace to the niggas in all the buddah spots,
    Slangin fat bags of weed, and runnin from the cops.
    Hit the lenio then pass it on,
    Through the cypher of dread locks gettin stoned.
    Roll a fat joint twist it at the end.
    Cuz i get high with a lil help from my friends.

[hook]
    Everybody must get stoned, everybody must get stoned,
    Everybody must get stoned, everybody must get stoned. {repeat}

Hit the blunt, or the bong take a toke.
    Now my heads in a cloud of smoke ain't no joke.
    All the uptight mother fuckas bringin me down,
    Cuz i talk about the green shit in every town.
    You're right in front of me; i can't see ya
    I'm blind and faded and i got the cheebah.
    And everything's gonna be alright;
    When i pass that dutchie pon di left hand side.
    Niggas is havin a good time tonite.
    Roll it up, hold it up, pass me the fuckin light.
    Home grown or the indo,
    Light it up everybody must get stoned.

[hook]
    Everybody must get stoned, everybody must get stoned,
    Everybody must get stoned, everybody must get stoned. {repeat}
    Yes we talk the talk, stoned is the way of the walk.
    Yes we talk the talk, stoned is the way of the walk........

23. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

If an employer wants to test then they can. When you work for someone you have a contract in which the rules are set. Break them and you lose your job. Obviously there are jobs that employees should be tested but if you are waiting tables who cares?

disclaimer: these are bold statements from a person who is self employed and would never subject himself to the indignity of a piss test.

24. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

another reason not to go to mexico

25. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah and that's my exact point...i would be for legalizing marijuana and taxing the crap out of it! maybe then the gas prices would frickin go down for once instead of up. just there would be restrictions w/it. and yeah, some jobs i don't see why they can't smoke the ganj.:p

26. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

and therein lies the problem... what finances things like violent org crime (ms13, la emme' crips, etc) is the very fact that stuff is illegal. remove the revenue source and you remove the power and conflict. yes, you'll have one or two generations of high addiction rates, but the endgame would be to difuse the situation that creates the violence, which kills more people than overdoes could ever aspire to. unfortunately society doesn't have the stomach and politicians don't have the long-term interest.

the way you difuse the addiction cycle (mostly) is to set up an education system built around alternatives with better returns. the rest would be solved(that can be solved) through attrition.

i'm talking about the heavy stuff. thc has been proven time and again by many reputable scientists/universitiy phds that it is not physically addictive-same with lsd and that they are no more gateway than alcohol(don't get me started on cigarettes, they kill over 250,000 people a year in this country alone, more than all drugs combined).

if anyone wants to feel nauseated about the tax money they just paid out, simply look up how much money is spent on keeping these things under "control" and small time offenders in jail. the money and resources saved from these two things alone could finance the awareness and activity programs several times over(neverimnd the taxes collected on said substances if legal or at least decriminalized and fined). but that would require government to reverse nearly a century of dogma. which isn't going to happen.

quite frankly there's a lot of money to be made in keeping it illegal as well (look up dea budgeting and govt supply contracts-then look at who contributes how much to political campaigns). and they can always count on the problem for their profit, peole will seek to satisfy themselves as they have since before the idea of god was around. if someone really wants to get fucked up, they'll find something to fuck them up. if someone wants to gamble and fuck a hooker, they will do just that eventually. a lock on a door only keeps an honest man honest. and you cannot rehabilitate until you have perceived your fall.

it's a vicious machine of perpetual energy that would take a paradigm shift to deactivate.

people on the idiot tube can talk all day long about mantaining a "moral" society, but the reality is that nearly 10% of our US economy is black market. imagine what would happen to not only us, but the rest of the world if that 10% were to dissapear tomorrow to create the utopian place politicians use as a carrot to drive lobbyist agenda. the world market would tank.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  27. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yep and can't forget about the drug czars(sp)?

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice... an amsterdam close by :D

moose: cypress hill rules :bigthumb: