Miami Vice

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by knhtrdr, Jul 28, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I really liked this movie!! mabe one two more action scenes. I thought it was a great movie! there has to be a 2 though.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Mmm, I'm excited, cant wait to see it.

3. fsuskppy

fsuskppy Member

I agree...really good movie but one or two more action scenes would have been great

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ill prolly rent it, hehe

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

How was it compared to the original? :)

Also, did it have the Jan Hammer theme?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

It would be kinda funny if they snuck in Don Johnson's song "Heartbeat" in the soundtrack as a tribute..

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looked like it had nothing 2 do with the series, looked like it was very similar to swat or something like that. Nothing to do with MV.... We'll see'ee...

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

and thats why it has to be a 2, and some younger folks(25 under) may not know the orginal anyway.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It was actually quite enjoyable. I like Mann's style of cinematography. It was gritty where it needed to be, dark when appropriate, etc. It definately puts a considerably larger spin of immersion within the film.

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Agreed.

11. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Me and bunch of other guys saw the movie and I thought it sucked. The cinematography was good but the movie completely lacked action compared to the TV show or the Universal Studio's show. From my calculation, about 15-20min of action, rest of the time I felt it was Broke Back Miami Vice. Also both Foxx's and Farrell's characters seemed very fake as in they were both trying to show off as if they were badd ass which I think should not need to be showed off and understood directly from screen presence and acting. I was about to get out and watch Superman or Clerks

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

saw it last night, and i agree with you man, not very good. I thought it was a waste of talent. I dont think it was put together well. The only good scene was the end. Heat blows this movie away.

13. jayj713

jayj713 Member

whatttt, i saw it yesterday too and i thought it was pretty good. I laughed when he pretended to be a 10second man and then was like. Just kiddingg!!!!