Microsoft Certified???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AirMax95, Dec 9, 2009.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

For anyone here MS certified in anything from Office to MCDBA to MCSA to MCSD, etc....

I am looking for good study/testing centers. There are tons on the web when I google, but I would like Word-of-Mouth confirmation.

Post up if you can help, or can point me in a good direction.

Thanks in advance,

Tereance

2. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

I took my MCP at the Reinhardt College facility on Old Milton Parkway.

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

computer training dot com is a big scam. a $20,000 dollar scam.

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

My company uses New Horizons. I think they are located behind Perimeter mall.

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

CED Solutions Powers Ferry Rd. Marietta. Great place, good instructors, competitive prices.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

buy the book and read that is what I did, classes are over rated and you can get the answers you need from the web, forums, guys here, etc..

7. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I remember us discussing this. I'm doing it to prepare for a career move, but my current employer will not fund it.

We will talk soon Rick, about this and a laptop, lol.

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

If you have time and a lack of funds, a book is all you really need to prepare for a Microsoft test. Some practice tests are almost identical to the real tests.

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

read a book.. take a test. Thats all it takes.

10. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I'm not too excited about a $4k boot camp, lol. I learn fairly quick and would probably be better off reading and teaching myself. Since a couple of people I know work along the cert lines, I am going to take their words for it.

Thanks for the input.

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Also, alot of software companies care less about certs, you just have to be smart and know your stuff.

Usually corporate IT will more more about certs than a real software shop.

In my experience WORK FOR A SOFTWARE SHOP.

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I have to agree certs are worthless on their own, you MUST have experience for them to really pay off. Too many folks out there with both unlike when I got started with no experience and an mcse over a decade ago. Those days are long gone

13. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

+1

I got my MCAD and MCSD back in 2004. I haven't gotten re-certified, as most companies I've dealt with have seemed to place less emphasis on it. The bottom line - nothing trumps experience. The certs may help to get you in the door, but skill-set-to-skill-set, I'd hire an experienced developer over a certified one, any day.