Momentum Turbo Review

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Kreeger, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Kreeger

Kreeger Member

After a good tune at Top Speed, 500 miles of break-in and 3000 miles of spirited driving these are the results from my 40T. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Man that sucks, May I suggest a GT30R, on a Version 7 Motor it would be sick.

Matt

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ive never heard of momentum? is it a smaller/newer company? have you spoke with anyone from momentum about this or from the vendor you bought the turbo from? 3500 miles and then failure is unacceptable..

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that is horrible... did they figure out what caused it? or was it just poor build quality?

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

He'll probably get the "tuner's fault" line from Momentum whether it was a manuf. defect or not. Most big problems @ NASIOC seem to end up that way anyways.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

kinda like the crawford issue

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well seeing as how momentum was banned from nasioc for personally attacking people who wanted more information about the turbo....i have a feeling they wont help him out at all

8. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Have you posted this on NASIOC yet? Many people would LOVE to see this!

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Many people have posted up similar stuff showing that the Momentum turbos are just very cheap knockoffs of nicer turbos. They have lower prices because of lower build quality and cheaper parts.

I agree with Slowwrx, I think a GT30R with a big hotside would run great on a high-revving ver7 motor. Who cares if you're not making full boost until 4K if you can keep making power to 8+k rpms :bowdown:

10. Kreeger

Kreeger Member

Yes... it is posted on NASIOC. The turbo is basically a large 16G with crappier internals (thrust bearings with shitty clearances).

On the GT30 thing... I just got a SBR GT12 because it is a bolt-on deal. I don't want to have to get a new U/P + D/P to run another turbo. Besides, the wife sayz shes gunna kick my ass if I spend more money on this pit.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wow! :eek2:

Thats incredible. Is there any actual reasoning for this in addition to poor build quality?