more hassle with the RS.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, Apr 17, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i was reading over the papers the dealer bodyshop faxed me. and it says they will use like kind parts, reconditioned, salvaged, and repaired parts to fix my car. and that they will not guarantee the fit, finish, paint, rust, etc of these parts. i do not want these parts on my brand new car, this is just BS!

i was reading clark howard`s website and doing what he says, i am calling them tomorrow and telling them that they will have to gaurantee the parts and work for the life of the car and that i will have an independant company inspect all work and repairs before i take the car back.

and to say you cannot guarantee the fit of the parts?!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What you can do is just complain to the insurance co. The insurace co. will not pay the bodyshop until you tell them that you are compeltely satisfied with the work.

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yep, let the insurance company do the hard negotiating. Thats what you pay them hundreds of dollars a year for...

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

exactly!!

5. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

you should also get a check since your car's value has gone down
    go kick the body shop in their collective nuts

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

hell no

If the accident wasnt your fault you should demand OEM parts. There is also some kind of lost value you can claim, I cant remember the word for it.

Matt

7. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

depreciation

8. married05gt

married05gt starting over

When my car went in the shop the insurance company tried to do the same thing. They said they were going to use reconditioned parts or salvage parts. By law you can make them get all new oem parts. Just stand your ground and try to monitor the fix. good luck