Mountain Biking

Discussion in 'Sports' started by thebigph, Sep 16, 2006.

1. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

anybody out there like to mountain bike...especially at blankets creek up in woodstock?

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I mountain bike just havent been any where except Bear Creek in ellijay.

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

ive been to blankets a few times, i know richard goes up there too. recently ive been riding more at big creek cause its closer.

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I like to I just need another bike.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I used to, would like to get back into it though :D

6. stanky_dlx

stanky_dlx New Member

I mtn bike regularly...used to go to blankets quite a bit but tend to make the drive up to the N GA mtns for longer rides now.

7. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

my cousin and I are getting bikes so we can hit the trails. I'm actuallying buying one from a member here. My cousin though, just spent serious money on a brand new bike.

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

No MTB for me...only roadie.

9. lostinthewoods

i will get you converted clay

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

^^ if your still in shape dad:)

11. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

They don't go fast enough for me...big knobby tires, suspension...who wants that... :) Kidding...sorry for the threadjack pmetzger1.

:p

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If you guys need bikes I have the supreme hook up, I worked at a bike shop for years. My buddy still owns it.

I've got a couple of single speeds, 1 full suspension, and 1 road bike.

13. lostinthewoods

anyone got some used Rock Shox SIDs for sale or some Fox. Need 80mm shock for my CC bike

14. slowwrx

COUGH MANITOU COUGH

You can take this for what ever you think its worth but after working at a shop for 8 years, there is not a chance that I will ever own another Rock Shox product, they break and they have bad customer service. The fox stuff is okay but it requires more service.

15. lostinthewoods

So what are your suggestions for a 80mm manitou shock that is going to be a nice CC shock?

Need to get rid of the Judy XC I am running since it is ancient!

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

single speed:eek:hnoes:

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

When I go to storage next, I'll grab my pics. Might I entertain the idea that everyone post up a picture of their rides?

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Great idea!

Matt, I do most of my bike store lurking at Atlanta Cycling in Vinings. I think I'll have to swing over and check out Randy's shop. New bike for me in '07. :naughty:

19. slowwrx

Clay did he get you hooked up on a hitch rack.

Matt

20. slowwrx

http://www.answerproducts.com/depts.asp?function=3&deptid=1&usageid=5

I would recommend the R-Seven or the Black, If you are a big guy and you tend to throw the bike around alot then I would defintely go with the Black, its a little heavier but its stiffer than the R-Seven. The R-Seven is a better fork but its also alot more money.

If you want prices let me know and Ill call Randy.

Oh and I may have a few of last years model forks in my basement.

Matt

21. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I spoke to him yesterday and I'm waiting on call back...hopefully I'll hear something today. :D

22. slowwrx

Randy has been known to forget to return phone calls, if you dont hear from him by 2pm I would give him a call. Hes a really interesting guy if youre into Rock and Roll just mention it while youre there and you will end up in a 4 hour conversation.

Matt

23. cguzz

cguzz Member

I mostly trail ride but do a little DH and FR and urban when I get a chance. Mountainbikers post a pic of your rig.

Front forks...Marzocchi always:cool:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

24. slowwrx

Very nice.

25. lostinthewoods

Check ya basement and shoot me a PM. I just want a good CC shock. I ride like 14 or 16in Barracuda, so needless to say I cant really go over a 80mm of travel or my geometry is gonna be thrown out of wack big time.

As far as a big guy, not really 5'5 LOL

26. slowwrx

Cool, Ill see what I have. Matt

27. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I got me a cheap bike on Friday from a store that I'm embarrsed to say I bought it from. Love it though for the price. I found out there is a trail from George Pierce Park in Suwanee that goes 5 miles one way. (then 5 more to get back makes 10!). I did that twice this weekend. Very senic and fun. It's mostly paved though.

It's called the Swuanee Greenway. http://georgiatrails.com/trails/suwaneegreenway.html

Anybody have a link of can mention a few nice spots for biking? Maybe with a difficulty rating?

I'd rate Swuanee Greenway as easy, but I've never been on any other trails.

28. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

29. thebigph

30. thebigph

i've never planned something big but maybe we could get a bunhc of people to go up to tsali in north carolina and also make a deals gap run out of it...just a thought

31. thebigph

Some pics from Tsali

after a couple days of rain we finally got out on the trail we did the right loop and it was sweet...mud water trees down and everything inbetween...this would be fun i think i am not sure if it would be too cold bu when riding i wouldn't think it would be...

Attached Files:

32. lostinthewoods

THat last pic is funny. Subaru with 4 bikes