Mountain Run Maps

Discussion in 'Mountain Runs' started by lostinthewoods, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I was up here today and got lost. My gf got car sick from all the twists and turns and then having to deal with her i missed 180 and ended up in Morganton, GA. WTF?!? SO i took the highway back and 19 back down to Dhalongi.

I saw two STIs, black and a blue.

2. jayscoobiedoo

jayscoobiedoo New Member

I did a run that day. Decided against taking my GF, did map 1 , Loved it! will go back again next week

3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

If anyone is interested, Jayscoobie and I are going up to do the run of either map1 or 2 Saturday 12/2 around 9:30-10am. We'll leave Sandy Springs near 9:30. If anyone wants to join, please PM either of us, or call me at 770-356-9498.

-Russ

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

how long is map 1? Someone said trip time is about 1 hours so i assume 50miles or more?

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

probably 50 or so from the wal mart parking lot.

6. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I did the loop for the first time yesterday. Saw a ton of bikes up there. Wolf Pen Gap is amazing!

7. johnding

johnding New Member

Man!

I did this run today. HOT DAMN! I did the longer of the 2 and holy crap...the most fun I have ever had in a car. Bought my STI back in May and finally got it out besides the daily drive to work. I really appreciate the fine mechanics of this awesome machine. I have so much to learn and cant even imagine what it would be like with ANY suspension upgrades much less engine upgrades.

Never the less, if you haven't done this drive, move now!

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

9. JD06REX

JD06REX New Member

Lets go ppl!

10. mazeroth

mazeroth New Member

Yes please, I'd like to go with people that have been there before.

11. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Does anybody still run these? I want to go but the only guys I have to go with all take their motorcycles.

12. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

A small group of us went up last Wednesday. Perfect time no cops and no traffic

13. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

So I'm guessing during the week is the best time to go then? My friends on their motorcycles usually go during the weekend and give it hell down the mtn and said the cops don't really bother them. Give me a shout next time you guys go, I'd really like to go with other subarus instead of getting left behind from the motorcycles haha

14. During the week their will be less traffic and less cops.Esp with the nice weather their will be a ton of bikes on the weekends esp SUnday.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

11am to 3pm weekdays

16. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Sounds good! Thanks for the heads up.

17. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

wow people still use these :)

18. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Haha yep. Thanks again for mapping out the course!

19. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

I'd love to do one of these. Hit me up if you wanna get a group together

20. 02ts-t

02ts-t Member

Would also like to go on one of these trips. I miss going on the windy roads back in Colorado with friends. Let me know when the next trips are planned and I will see if I can go.

21. I would love to go too. Been awhile since I've been on some nice mountain roads

22. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Let's do one tonight or tomorrow

23. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

A friend and I will be at the Waffle house on 400 and 60(?) near 7:00am tomorrow. He wants to try out his Land Rover Sport on the twistys. I just got my alignment done and fixed a boost leak. Should be some fun.

24. Justin V

Justin V Member

I found that Helen loop somewhere else. My grandparents live 20 min from there I have yet to make a run through this.

I have take the road between Hiawassee and Helen which is part of the loop, which is a blast aside from all the bicycles that train on the hill.

25. LoamRanger

LoamRanger New Member

I have ridden that first loop (hwy60, wolf pen, 129) on my motorcycle. Highway 60 is to freaking DIE for on a 400lb bike. It would be even better on a 250lb motard.

Though, descending Wolf Pen is kind of scary on a motorcycle...

26. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Are there any "scheduled" mountain runs in the foreseeable future? I ride Six Gap and Tail of the Dragon quite a bit on my bike, but would like to test them out in the new WRX.

27. KGraska

KGraska Member

Keep an eye on the "G2G Get-to-gethers" section on the forum. I'm thinking about getting another run together after Caffeine and Octane on 8/3.

28. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Ok great, thanks!

29. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

There's LRC meet on 8/10. Not really a mountain run but some fun roads and you can come meet some people.

4touge is more reserved for the mountain run enthusiasts:fruit:.

30. KGraska

KGraska Member

Just posted up a run the week before LRC on the 3rd. This way us mountain enthusiats can get it out of our system before LRC :naughty:

31. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Yeah the LRC meet will probably be more my speed right now. I love mountain runs, but doubtful I'd be able to keep up with some of these guys on a 4touge with a Stage 1 WRX hah.

32. KGraska

KGraska Member

Don't be scared!!! lol

We like to drive "spirited" but stay at a pace that fits everyone in the group....or we can run 2 small groups if the group is big enough. This is a group event and the whole point is being in a group....not to leave people behind. A lot of people come out with bone stock cars and hold pace just fine.

33. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Twist my arm why don't ya! :sold: