Movie-Initial D

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by emstraumajunke, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Anyone understand japanesse. Just got done watching it minus the making words up for all the people talking the race scenes are pretty kick ass.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

is it subtitled?

ps: i sent u a PM

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yes..please burn it and give me a copy!! or link it so i can download it!

4. No subtitles we downloaded it off of limewire.

5. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I have it with English Subtitles!

6. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

how did u find the one with subtitles... i dled from limewire too and it didnt have subtitles.

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I have it with subtitles. I was kinda of disapointed with the movie, they deviated so much from the manga/anime. Though the actor that played Bunta was great, he was the bad guy in my favorite John Woo movie hard boiled.

8. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

my buddy derrick has had the dvd since 3 days after it's release
    I really like it, done very well for what it is
    the out takes are freaking great

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I have it also with the subtitles

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

you can rent it at Blockbuster can't you?....

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I would suggest people watch the anime over the live action movie.

12. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

So let me get this straight. The movie isn't anime, it has real people? I've never seen the movie, but I've seen near about every episode of the anime.

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

^^yep. real people real cars real drifting. pretty cool except they try to cram a LOT into that on movie so they cut out a lot like m-chan was sayin.

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i saw it at blockbuster for rent hte other day.

15. 1984

1984 Member

Screw subtitles, I speak Chinese :p.

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Yeah, I will have to admit, the first thirty minutes of the movie wasen't too bad, about 70% true to the orginal. But it goes so down hill from there, it gets sooo cheezy especially with the final race. Not to say that the anime doesn't have it's cheesey moments, but it doesn't overdo anything as much as the movie did. Just my 2 cents.

17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I watched that ish last year when I was in Iraq. You can get absolutely any movie, even ones that haven't come out yet, off the black market although a lot of times they're a little rough on the eyes.

The funny thing is they sometimes come with permanent Chinese or arabic subtitles. I still have it somewhere come to think of it.... oh yeah. It's on the slow boat back to the states.

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

find a fansub

19. I3unz

I3unz Member

its kinda funny how Initial D is made in japan but the movie is in china flimd by chines

20. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

the version i got was chinese with no subs, oh well, it looked pretty dumb anyway. the actor for bunta looked pretty funny though.

21. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Bunta was the only reason to watch the movie, he was so true to the anime (for me atleast).