Movie Review: Death Race

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Slowsoul, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Well done!

I really didn't expect much from this flick going into it, and I left pleasantly satisfied! It was right to the point...bullets, cars, and blood. The pace of the action is excellent and the inevitable cheesy one-liners are delivered flawlessly. You really get a good look at all of the action, and yet it still feels fast paced and very hectic. Good angles on the cars and...death! Several totally awesome kills!

What more could you ask for from a movie called Death Race...

Take the most fun you have ever had playing games like Road Rash, Twisted Metal Black, and Burnout, mix it with a little Mad Max and Running Man and voila...you get a great way to kill two hours on a otherwise boring night!

This movie is everything that Fast and the Furious wishes it was. The cars are way cooler, and the girls are way hotter.

Will own on DVD.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I wonder how closely it resembles the original Death Race with David Caridean from 1975

3. yea i just watched it yesterday on my pc and i have to say that it wasnt bad at all. its worth a watch.

4. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. Great movie!

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

There's that one and Death Race 2000 with a young Sly Stallone... I've seen that one but not the original.. Looking forward to seeing the new one, looks good. Is it out on DVD yet?

6. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

reminded me of mario kart.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Finally saw this film... Thumbs up!!! Lots of sweet action & hot chicks... Way better than I expected.

8. Ok I saw the original.I know I am admitting my age here.It was very cheesy.The first was a race across America and you got points for running over people with your modified and weapon equipped car.Usu, the more evil the deed the more points you got.i.e. extra points for people in wheelchairs,etc.It had Sylvester Stallone as Machine gun tommy(?) and a scarred up David Carradine as Frankenstein.He also makes a cameo as the original Frankenstein in the beginning of the new one.
    Go to youtube and type in deathrace 2000.Its usu. fun(ny) to watch the originals..
    P.s. I did like the new one too.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The original was very cheesy but not entirely bad... worth seeing. Not really at all like the new one...

10. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

the original also had stutter stalone