Movie review section???

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by SonicBoom, Sep 10, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Alex, Milo...We've had several threads in the past(the emily rose one being the newest) about new movies coming out. Being a frequent movie watcher myself I think a movie review section would be cool. Not sure exactly how to set it up but maybe sections like: new releases, new on dvd, oldies... Similar to the parts review section this would be beneficial...It might save someone 8/16 bucks at the theater or $4.27 renting something that turns out to be a real stinker. Ie..I was going to go see that emily rose flick but now with the poor reviews I'll wait and get it from netflix.... I'll start us off

At the theaters:
    Dukes of Hazzard: 2 thumbs way up!! Ok..so its not the most intelectually stimulating but.. All out guy movie, were talking hot chicks, explosions, and hey-who doesn't love seeing the general lee jumping thru the air repeatedly???

Batman: 2 thumbs up. Storyline doesn't really fit with the other films and theres a pretty week bad guy but overall, pretty sweet.

Wedding Crashers: 2 thumbs up again...Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are hillarious. funny stuff...

Rentals:
    Hide and Seek: Big old Boo!!!! Not even Robby D could revive this piece of crap.

Sahara: I liked it allthough a lot of people didn't. I've read a few Clive Custler books so I was familiar with the characters.

Sin City: Good stuff. excellent special effects and Top name actors. Kind've a wierd movie. Very Terentino'esqe, so if your into him u'll prolly like it.

Ok guys, Don't know if this idea will fly, but I think we should do it!!

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i like the idea

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

you know what man when i created the emily rose one i thought about suggesting that. Glad you took the initiative. Two thumbs for you my friend.:)

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I thought about this for a while now, and if it would actually see some use then I'll do it. I'm an avid movie watcher myself, but more rentals than flicks in the theater. I'll set itup under OT.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds good, was hoping for more support though.... If we do move ahead with the idea I thought of another section..."chic flic's" or to be PC we could call it "for the ladies" or something. I know I'm forced to watch a lot of them and I could have some ammo to shoot down a really crappy one if someone else has suffered thru it 1st.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

nothin wrong with some chick flicks....i mean take hitch for example good movie + Eva Mendez (ohhh my....)

7. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I think it would be nice if a music/vid game section was there as well. Can talk anime, movies, music, comics, pc's and more :)

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

so basically a media section? divided?

9. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I think it is a great idea... I am an avid movie-goer myself, and it is always good to hear other people's thoughts on movies. I really want to see Emily Rose.

Mark

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its been done.