Movie Review: Zombieland (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by SonicBoom, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Went in a little skeptic... Hoping all the funny parts weren't shown in the previews... Well, all doubts were quickly dashed. This movie rocks from beginning to end. Did not dissapoint at all. Woody Harrelson is his usual crazy ass self. The chick from Superbad is hot, and pulled off her roll well. The other lead character is just like the main character from Superbad, they could be interchangable.. but, he's funny.
    Awesome soundtrack (opens with From whom the Bell Tolls). The best opening in a film I've seen for a long time. The whole theater was clapping and laughing all the way thru. Too many funny lines and scenes to try to pick some out. Wish I had two sets of hands... So I could give this movie 4 thumbs up! I was told it got 90% rotton on Rotton Tomatoes.... Go see this film, it will not disapoint...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I heard this movie was filmed in Atlanta...either in part or in full...I'm glad to hear it's getting good reviews!

3. Loved it. Some of it was filmed around Atl.Not sure how much.If you like comedy and/or horror films this ones for you.The audience did seem to be enjoying it.Recommended.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Forgot to add... there's an awesome cameo that will be a pleasant surprise...

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yep, parts were.

Cameo = Bill Murray?

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Wasn't gonna spoil it Alex :)

7. Can we edit the title and warn about the big spoiler.?

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

cant wait to see it!

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I can't wait to see it. they filmed part of it right by my house on richard petty blvd by atlanta motor speedway. they had the road closed for about 2 weeks. I rode by there and they had about 60 wrecked cars. I was kinda curious of where that eneded up in the movie.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't have the power to edit the title... Can a mod plz add spoilers inside?

11. Matt

I thought that 'spoiler' was common knowledge?

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't think so... I had no idea... And it def. was a most welcome surprise... Everyone was cheering with approval!

13. Matt

I guess I'm the only person who stalks imdb before movies are released in theaters...cuz it's on there

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

I knew he was in it during filming. My dad bumped into him while he was in town and asked him to sit in on his exec ed class at emory. Murray was kind enough to come in and say hello to the students.

15. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

The theme park in the movie is Wild Adventures theme park in Valdosta.

I can't wait to see this one!

16. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I was so hoping that was going to be shirt or top or clothing...bah

great write up, I too was skeptical, may check this movie out now

17. Shewb

Shewb Member

It was great! I haven't laughed that hard a t a movie in a really long time.

Maybe it was because my friends and I are kind of obsessed with zombies. But I loved it!

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Parts of the movie were filmed in Wilmington. A local Native american store provided a lot of the spears and hatchets that were used in the movie.

19. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

There is a van on the right side of the screen at the beginning with a 99x sticker. (When the skinny dude is walking down teh highway)

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Any more of you guys see this? Anxious to here more reviews... Going to see for a second time soon...