Movie: The Hills Have Eyes

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Goose013, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Finally a great thriller with mucho violence :eek:hnoes: . Very suspenseful and not cheesy like frickin wolfe creek. I think you guys will enjoy it. Go see it!

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

my gf is a horror/thriller movie freak. she wants to see this so bad. im glad its a good movie. i agree wolf creek sucked mucho ass. now to find time with my school and gfs work schedual to go see it. thanks for the review!

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

Did you guys ever see the original film?

4. jt money

you know i thought i had heard that title before. nope have seen it. but being a wes craven flick it must be good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077681/

5. basha

basha New Member

Looks interesting, although the acting seems to be a bit sketchy.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

JT you wanna see it this week? Ive been really itching to.

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

man, i remeber seeing that poster when i was a kid. i never did see the movie. what's up with the girls diggin' on the horror films? my girl love'me too. thanks for the heads-up, we'll go check it out.

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah my gf wants to see this real bad as well....definitely try to check this out soon!!!! thanks for the review

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I want to see this one pretty bad. I've heard lots of good stuff about the original too.

10. Goose013

Goose013 Member

the acting was quality; so don't worry about that. When Wes Craven actually applies himself he gets a good cast. There are several actors you will recognize from other flicks.
    As far as the original goes, its a classic but stay away from part II and 3.

11. jt money

i got school m/w/f and tuesday is dans party. that leaves thursday. im down if thursday works for you.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd like to check this out too... however im not sure i'll have much time the next couple weeks

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

saw it over the weekend....sick movie, as in good! my wife is from NM so she gotta kick outta it too. if ur into gorry horror flicks, then see this one!

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

is it more gory than saw2?

15. jt money

i hope so. [​IMG]

16. Alex

Hmm, lets shoot for thursday then, little bit of WRXatl movie action?

17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

where are you guys going to see it @......?

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I would definitely be up for this...Scotty B knows that I want to see this one really bad. I saw the original one also. JT and Alex, when are you guys going?. Atlantic Station movie theatre by chance?. That looks like a great theatre with the stadium style seating...

Mark

19. MarkM2016GTI

Wolf Creek I thought was pretty decent...at times....

Mark

20. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I had very high hopes for Wolfe Creek and thought it was ok, but it could have been much better. To me it was just a let down.

21. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

theres no way its more gorey than hostel.......im gonna try and check it out soon.

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

blah for anyone even mentioning wolf creek. I now have to relive the fact that I paid 8 dollars to see that cinematic turd, on Christmas no less.

But yeah I'll have to check out the hills.

23. Alex

Yes, Atlanta Station is a great theater. Never saw wolfe creek.

24. MarkM2016GTI

I just got back from seeing "The Hills have Eyes". I would definitely recommend going to see it for all you horror/suspense enthusiasts....It was very interesting to say the least.

Mark

25. Alex

Is it really the prequal to Texas chainsaw mark ?

26. MarkM2016GTI

I am not really sure, Alex. All I know is that it was way more scary and gorey than the original one. You have got to see it.....

Mark

27. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Is it supossed to be?......did Michael Bay do this movie as well?

28. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ok let me clear this up because i know im the one that rumored this haha.....

apparently i was seriously smoking something to come up with that haha. its not even made by the same person from what i hear. I think Wes Craven made this movie.

i swear i heard it was the prequal but maybee i read that somewhere else on some other movie?

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah cause i was wondering how a government project of some sort gone wrong and a serial cannibal on an abandoned farm in the middle of Texas were related?.....but I haven't seen this movie so I was curious....

30. Alex

31. jt money

haha you sold me on that shit last night alex.

32. Alex

well, I can sell anything. I thought bigb was serious. I appologize :( my expectations dropped 10 fold for the movie now.

33. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

saw it last week and yeah it is a Wes Craven movie. i don't see this movie being a prequal to Chainsaw Massacre. none the less...this movie rocks!

34. jt money