Movie - Walk the Line

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by SonicBoom, Nov 24, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Saw it Wednesday night... I thought it was done very well. Was iffy about Jaquin Pheonix playing Johnny Cash but he pulled it off. Also, Reese Witherspoon(so hot....) played June Carter to the hilt. Both did all their own singing. I was hoping it would be as good as "RAY" but it wasn't. There are a lot of parallels between Ray Charles and Johnny(both having their brothers die at an early age, strugleing with drugs/alcohol but overcoming to become inovators in their feilds). I felt it could have been dialed in a little more and been much better. Not a big fan of country music but Johnny Cash is the man! Overall, thumbs up and I would recommend....
    P.S... though it would've been more fitting to call the movie "The Man in Black" but that's just me....

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the film, it allowed the audience to see the side of cash that most people seem to not know about it. For me, at least, it gave a lot of new meaning and story to all of his work and for that I am glad I saw the movie.

I do not think they played enough Cash in the film, it was all so very centralized and limited.

I do love that line though. "And what's with the black all the time? Are you going to a funeral?...Maybe I am"

3. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I loved that movie, and I listened to all of those songs when I was growing up. That movie rocked the house, and I would see it again in a heartbeat. I think that it portrayed almost everything about Johnny Cash.

Mark

4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I plan on seeing it sometime soon. It's just wierd for me because I remember his the most from his older days.

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Saw it the other night too. Maria and I enjoyed the movie surprisingly cause we aren't big Cash fans, but again good movie. Oh yeah, I didn't know he was in the AF.:p

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Saw it last night. Or actually I finished it up, but yeah it was a great film. I really had no idea that things went down like they did. And it was so sad at the end when they told about him and the girl. But of course we all knew that he died.

I'd give it 10 out of 10.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im almost 100% sure you do not have to like JOhnny Cash to appreciate the movie. It is just done that well.