MP3 organizers etc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've never been one to have a lot of MP3's but since getting my Atrix I've been aquiring lots of MP3's from friends and myself.

However I've ended up with a jumbled up mess. Many missing album arts, many incorrected grouped songs, etc.

Basically I want everything sorted first by Artist then by album.

Any good software out there for free that I can use to do it all for me? I downloaded MediaMonkey but I can't get it to save the Album Art to where I can move it onto my phone.

Suggestions.

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Can't help you with the sorting.. but there is an app called "Album Art Grabber" that works good for tagging...

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

try winamp..i have been happy with it for years

4. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Windows Media Player, believe it or not, does a pretty good job of organizing your music in-library.
    All you really need to do is make the name of the song what it actually should be and it will automatically acquire the album/song info as you play through your playlist.
    That's what I use anyway. It's pretty simple, and WMP is my go-to, even though it is a memory hogger.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I want my mp3's organized on my phone. So I guess I'm looking for something that would perhaps group them up for me and tag the album art with it.

Maybe it doesn't exist and I'm gonna just have to manually do it?

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Nothing is going to organize the MP3's on your phone unless they are labelled correctly in your library. I recently started a project to correct the labelling in iTunes, which then corrected the lists in my phone as well. It is a real pain in the ass, but the only way to not have like 6 different folders for a single artist, all because each folder has their name spelled out a different way.

As for a decent Media Management program for the computer, I use a combination of iTunes, and MediaMonkey. I generally stick with iTunes now adays because my collection is so large that all programs have problems accessing it. iTunes does well if I never close out of it.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I just found out the way tagging and all works. Developing a Java app now that does it for me for 90% of what I have. The rest I can do manually. Java app is working pretty sweet so far. Once I started and understood where and how the tagging works it was pretty quick to code up.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Care to share your Java App? I have a couple thousand songs to correct the tag on. If you Java App can knock any of them out, it would be a great help.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Let me get it finished. There's a few bugs to address.

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

itunes is pretty good

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The heck with gaytunes.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

iTunes kind of sucks, but it still does the best job with my massive music collection. It locks up regularly when trying to scroll through my collection, but if I just have patience, it will unfreeze itself and start working again after a few minutes.

MediaMonkey had even more trouble with the collection to the point that it won't work at all anymore. It can't process the entire collection, so upon startup, it freezes for over 5 minutes while it tries to compile the library, then just shuts down.