mrWRXdude89s 05 WRX

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by mrWRXdude89, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

I couldnt think of a clever thread title so eff it haha. Ive been creepin on the forums for a while but im just now deciding to post up.

Ive had my wrx for a little over a year now and its been a pretty wild journey so far. About 6 months ago i wrecked the motor on the dyno at batleground after a protune and been busy getting the car right ever since. Just sunday i finally got the car back. Thanks to b reel for helping me out and dealing with all my questions and phone calls haha. He put the motor together for me and hes def had to put up with a lot so appreciate that b reel. We still got a few bugs to work out but its almost there. I went the hybrid route along with a few other supporting mods and should be a strong running car. It has a limp tune on it right now but have had a few issues due to my accessport taking a dump on me. Anyway guess ill post a few pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Awesome ride

3. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

appreciate it. still workin out some bugs but shes gettin there.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice ride but please ditch the HID's in the reflector housings....HORRIBLE and blinds oncoming traffic.

5. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

6. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Any relation? lol

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

not hardly

8. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

haha theres a lot of silver wrxs out there

9. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Those rims reminded me of your car for some reason lol

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks like the project is coming along nicely. And since Cool pointed it out already, I'll just quote this photo as an example of said glare.

[​IMG]

11. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Or keep the HIDs, and retrofit your headlights.

12. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

i have a few more things i need to get done before i even worry about my headlights...like getting my gauges to work haha

13. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

just wanted to say thank you to b reel and topspeed motorsports for getting my car back on the road. it was a long journey but finally got a good break in tune on it now. the car made 239 hp at 5500 rpms on the break in tune and now i just have to put some miles on it and baby it before we can turn some stuff up.

14. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

had my final tune today at topspeed! finished off with 291 at the wheels on 17 pounds. big thanks to doug for waiting and helping me out with that blown turbo hose.

15. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Your car looks how I wish mine looked! Haha..sick ride man

16. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

thanks dude. a few things i need to take care of but shes gettin there.

17. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I feel brotha.. I need to ditch the carbon fiber hood and get about a dozen dents fixed before mine will even start taking shape lol..Good luck gettin her finished man

18. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

car is still running strong. just fixed a valve cover leak...i can get gaskets and stuff from my job but the new gaskets never fixed the leak. then i finally got a subaru gasket and now it doesnt leak, figures. and im currently looking for an sti scoop and or splitter. so if anyone has any leads let me know!

19. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

this car is sold now but im interested to see where it is or hows it running. so if the owner is on here let me know =)

i now own a 2006 wrx and its a great car. keeping it simple and mostly stock for a while as it is a DD and i have some other expenses to take care of.

2006 wrx with 82,000 miles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

srs catback, mishimoto intercooler hoses, k&n drop in, and intalling invidia up-pipe and gimmick exhaust gaskets tomorrow

20. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

i dont know why the pictures are sideways

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

might be that apple

remember to check for exhaust rub before running... local here swore his car was about to blow up LOL

22. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

its not an exhaust rub lol. after i installed everything with new gaskets it was still making the noise. while running i got as close to the sound as i could and it sounds like its from the timing cover. i have a timing belt job coming up anyway.

23. b reel

b reel Active Member

pulley bearing, water pump or tensioner

24. mrWRXdude89

mrWRXdude89 Member

a little update...

I got my timing belt job done a couple months ago. My 2nd timing belt job on a subaru ever haha so i was relieved everything went well. except while pulling the water pump off i poked a tiny hole in my condenser and now i have no more a/c. Onto some better news... I flashed stage 1 and just have a catback exhaust on. I picked up an invidia divorced downpipe but havent installed yet. Im also picking up some 04 sti bbs wheels from a buddy this week. Ill take some pictures once they get put on. aaaaaand have some prosport gauges coming for christmas. Im not going crazy with this car as i had a mildly built wrx before and dont have the cash to do that again. Plus this car runs great and i want to keep it that way. Not too exciting of an update but ill keep it up when i remember. Hope everyone has a good christmas!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013