Must be a friend of Alex's...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Apr 13, 2006.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Ninja Bulldog loses bout to federal agents

By KELLY SIMMONS
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 04/13/06

ATHENS — Lesson 1: Don't run across a college campus wearing a ninja mask.

Lesson 2: If you must, don't run past a group of federal law enforcement officers.

University of Georgia sophomore Jeremiah Ransom learned both lessons the hard way Tuesday when he sprinted from a ninja-pirate party given by a campus Christian organization to the dining hall wearing a red bandanna across his face.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, attending a conference on campus, spotted the masked student and gave chase.

Freshman Kathleen Ruark was outside Snelling Hall when the plainclothes officers ran up with guns, yelling, "Get down."

"We had no idea who they were talking to," Ruark said. "We were crouching down."

Ransom said one of the agents pinned him to the ground with his knee, demanding, "Where's the gun?"

"I don't have a gun; I've never had a gun," Ransom said. "He said, 'I saw you with a gun. Where'd you stash it?' "

ATF Special Agent in Charge Vanessa McLemore said the officers chased Ransom after seeing him peek around a stone pillar toward the cashier's booth in a nearby parking garage. "They called for him to stop and he didn't," she said. "It was the totality of the circumstances."

Ransom was released after 30 minutes when UGA police determined he was not a threat.

He said he was "just being stupid" by wearing the bandanna.

"All my friends are telling me to sue," he said Wednesday. "I was just praying that nothing was going to happen to me."

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

I don't think I'd stop running if a bunch of casually dressed guys with guns were chasing after me either.

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

thats funny as hell.

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

run ninja run[​IMG] if he was a true ninja they wouldn't have saw him;)

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

^^^good point, what a fony haha

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wow..he is lucky he didnt get shot. Those ATF agents are used to dealing with hard core criminals

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sucks for that guy :rolleyes:

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Well, I guess he learned the lesson. I mean surely it was totally innocent but that just tells you what kind of world we're living in today. The last thing you want to do these days is to look in any way like a terrorist or even a robber because all kinds of people are on the lookout for that kind of thing.

I hope other people will learn from his experience too.

10. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

cops need to learn to chill the f out
    I saw a gun? wtf is that? I would make him get a psych exam. Hallucinations and law enforcement don't mix.
    kinda makes me want to have a ninja/pirate party now, just to hassle some cops.

11. Weapon

well ATF agents are used to dealing with the hardcore crowd. I read an autobiography about an ATF agent that went undercover in the biker gang The Mongols. they deal with some heavy shit!

12. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I hear ya, but I mean come on. oh no a member of the cowboy/ninja/pirate christian glee club ohhhh. Dealing with hard shit is no excuse for being that high strung. I personally would hope he would pick up some more discernment skills after dealing with "hard shit"

13. Weapon

yea i am certainly not excusing the agents behavior.

14. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

they were out of jurisdiction to, if I was a campus cop I would have arrested the BATF agents. Another thing about the BATF, they are the only LEO agency that doesn't require a college degree to be an agent. They are known as the F troop to a lot. The ATF shouldn't have guns in most cases, they are glorified tax collectors.