My '02 MBP WRX wagon project/DD

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by wgatactical, Nov 11, 2012.

1. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

After searching for over a month around GA I finally expanded my search found one in North Charleston, SC. What a drive to get a car that doesn't run(spun a bearing *cylinder #3 like everyone else) and has had the motor torn to pieces. I ended up getting this car for pretty good price with a pile of a motor and basically a rolling shell with transmission which its condition is to be determined after the motor build. Car has 130k mi which is pretty sweet since this is replacing my car with 225k mi.

Forgot to take pics but here's a pic from when we made it back to Conyers, GA and had to stop for gas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After getting her home she got a bath and I originally thought she was just black, I was amazed to find that in the sunlight she was the awesome (to me)
    08V Midnight Black Pearl. She has quite a few hail dings which if anyone knows a good way to remove those let me know please!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I've been hunting up and down for a new short block or long block or entire motor... and after no luck the past week I started looking for a new block and ended up purchasing a brand new block which has hit the car budget pretty hard but its so da** beautiful. Ordered the head gasket set, gates water pump, gates timing belt, now I have to find a decent clutch and flywheel which if you have a lightly used of either or a new one for a good deal let me know.

The best looking ugly beast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updates as they come.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

reserved

3. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

best subaru color imo

4. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

Thanks, I love the color. Looks amazing when the sun hits it and even better when it's raining.

5. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

You get a new, drop in and go 2.0 shortblock, or did you get a 2.5 to do a hybrid?

6. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

Just got a new 2.0, I won't have the extra money right now for a 2.5 hybrid and get it tuned.

7. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Aweomse man.

8. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

Just bought an '03 RS Monday, guess I will start a new journal.. EZ30 going in relatively soon.

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Be sure to research that build. An older member spent several years trying to do a similar swap and ended up selling everything at a great loss because it was such a difficult swap.

See if you can get a JDM STi front clip for a fun 207 build or a US STi front clip for a 257 plain jane build.

10. wgatactical

wgatactical Member

I'm either going EZ30 or EZ36 but if I go that route I will buy a wrecked donor car. If I wimp out of that I will go 2.5T

11. Justin V

Justin V Member

Very clean, Still want a bugeye... not enough to convert my front end though.

I think I'd rather a bugeye over a GC... crazy huh?