1. I thought I'd start a member thread for "Bettie" my 04 WRX. She just hit 100,000 miles yesterday! I bought her in July with 98000. =)

No mods yet but we're planning for Stage 2.... gotta finish the hubby's mods first. He claims I'm copying him. First thing I want to do is get some better wheels....

Thanks to Wagunz_Pwn for pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. FACE

FACE Active Member

I really like the Wingless Red! She looks Great!

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

yeah, that guy takes some decent pics from time to time. I vote for tint as the first mod.

4. Tint is a good idea.. I actually hadn't thought about it... I was so used to my tC being so dark.. I hadn't realized how see thru my windows are...

5. YaY!! I had my first Subie wave today!!!

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

welcome to the site. and also welcome to the xxx.xxx club.

7. First Modification!!!!!!

Stromung Axle-Back Exhaust has been added. I can finally hear my rumble! Thanks to my Hubby and Matt for the installation! And to pEd for moral support! :bowdown:

Before the surgery:
    [​IMG]

Stubborn stock bolts!!
    [​IMG]

New one going on!
    [​IMG]

Will get some better after photos up soon.... next to partially debadge... and install up pipe and down pipe...

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

Goodluck installing the UP.

nice car.

9. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

good luck with the up pipe... nice to see a lady who like to hear her car!

10. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

I told her I'd let her install the up pipe. ;)

11. I could do it!!!

12. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

Didn't kno his wife was on here, nice. And anyone can install the UP with proper tools.

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I bet I could easily do the up in under 2 hours now:) Might as well change out the downpipe while you are at it.

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Loving the wingless. What is that thingy in the first pic of post #7? A citronella candle?

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

^^^ you are correct. It didn't help at all.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  16. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

she already has the up-pipe...just needs studs. We will knock out the downpipe and up-pipe together once she gets some gaskets and some clothes that she doesn't mind getting dirty.

Everything will be easy once the car is on the lift at my buddy's shop.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  17. Nope. The mosquitoes had a field day feasting on me.. I have been itching like crazy.

18. No more mean HOA ladies who have nothing better to do than drive around and tell people what they are doing that is against the bylaws.... I say we all go buy up our own neighborhood for WRX Atlanta members.... and leave our garage doors open all of the time!!!

To the HOA lady...... :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk:

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

man, if that lady has known all the car stuff I'VE done over the years in that neighborhood....she'd have a conniption!

I hope you told her to eat a dick

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

HOA.....:rofl:

I'm loving my country boy roots. I do what I want in my yard and no one will say a thing.

21. Yep. I'm fed up with the HOA. We really want to move.

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

You were off in a cul-de-sac...I'm on "the circle".

The rule is that you can't work on your car in your garage with the garage door up. Luckily...it's starting to get cold out.

23. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

I grew up the same way. Fuck this HOA bullshit!

24. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

I saw her today getting on 400 off exit 6...looks good.

25. Any suggestions on some low-cost mods? We plan on installing the up pipe and a down pipe one of these days but that will probably be awhile.. I really don't want to mod it out too much because its my DD and will hopefully will have the cool "mod" of a baby seat one of these days.. so I need to keep it pretty simple. :wiggle:

26. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

So that means no exhaust ehh?

Low cost? You can do pretty much anything if you can find the part for the right price.

27. I've got an exhaust already.... maybe it will lull a baby to sleep! :rofl:

28. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Low cost mods? Where to begin :)

Endlinks
    Short Shifter
    Replacement bushings (maybe not a good idea with the baby)
    Headlight clearage (free)
    Performance alignment
    Decent tires
    Upgraded brake pads
    Sway bars
    Springs

The list goes on and on, define "low cost".

29. I'm definitely thinking about some springs. Travis just put some on his and really likes them. I definitely like the lowered look and would appreciate a little less body roll (the mountain run proved my car needs some help). No short shifter for me since I'm automatic (yes yes... i know... but its my DD and I sit on 400 for an hour or more every morning.. I went back and forth on the manual thing but it is just not practical for me at the moment... especially if I need to tend to a baby in the back. I can drive manual though). Wheels and tires are on the list too but they are just so expensive. I really hate the stock ones. I've thought of painting them but I just think it would make them look even crappier.

By low cost.. I mean like $100 tops to make a change. Maybe less.

Oh and I do need tint! Nothing too dark though. There's also been talk of switching to JDM tail lights.

30. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I had my sentra up on jack stands in the driveway for about 2 hours one day and started getting threats of fines, towing, and all sorts of stuff after 2 hours... HOA suck.

31. undrgrndrdr15

you can always do an sti scoop, paint/ clear your headlights, debadge the grill and trunk... otherwise there is always interior stuff to make look better...

32. yeah.. definitely want to partially debadge the trunk... not the grill though.. i've wondered what i could do with the interior.... Travis had mentioned swapping headlights.. his are already clear.. he said he likes the orange for his so its a possibility.

33. undrgrndrdr15

you can black out the interior by painting pieces and paint/wrap your headliner....lots of how to threads on nasioc if you want ideas for it...

34. FACE

FACE Active Member

Is that my old Stromung? I really miss the rumble!

I would suggest some rally armor mudd flaps ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

headlights, debadge the trunk, JDM Tail-light Mod or maybe even a wash and wax detail package from Zen Motors?

36. CORRECTION... that was Travis' which he got from you.... I got confused.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  37. sounds good to me. :wiggle:

38. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Get your side skirts painted red...that should be less than $100.00.

39. Hmmm... hadn't thought of that. Good idea, thanks!!

40. Alright... Bettie is getting debadged. I want to keep WRX and Impreza and I'm pretty sure I want to remove the Subaru part too but I'm just not sure with it not being there on the red.... Any opinions??

41. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Do it!

42. Gotta love it when you walk outside and realize someone has hit your car. :squint:

It doesn't look too bad. Haven't had a chance to completely check it out yet.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Man that totally sucks! Some people just don't care.

44. undrgrndrdr15

hope its not too bad... im sure someone can just buff it out! ;)

45. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Which wayeee did thay gohh?

[​IMG]

46. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

was it in the neighborhood?

47. Nope. It was either at Berry College or Chili's (in Rome) or the mall....

It left a long mark.. they hit it and kept going... :squint:

48. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Wow... That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that.
    Just the other week or so, I saw this 5 series in my friend's neighborhood having had its rear left door smashed in because some douche ran into it and left.
    People like that need to get shot. Or something. Hahah.

49. Hoping to get scratch buffed out.. Notice my front bumper is hanging off a bit.. gotta check that out..

but I did get something new for my car......

I won the Troncalli Subaru photo contest so I got a nice set of STI pedals heading my way!! YAY!! :coold:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  50. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Ooooh. Hahah. Nice! Let's get some pictures when they get in.