My black bugeye sedan

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by anova167, Jul 7, 2009.

1. anova167

anova167 New Member

I am here to introduce you to my 2002 sedan. I am just starting to mod, so I wanted to start this thread as a way to keep track of the installs and the changes along the way.

Pics coming soon...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. anova167

anova167 New Member

So I went Stage 2 this weekend (after only a month at Stage 1) and installed the Cobb downpipe and reflashed accordingly. It was certainly smoother, but it wasn't the "different car" that many have talked about.

Well...that was until today - three days of driving after the install. The combination of cooler weather (still 80s but not 95) and the ECU learning must have done the trick. This car is now significantly faster and smoother at the same time. I definitely have a quicker spool (I can hear it) and the bugeye was ripping it (in between dead stops on the commute). I was only hitting 13.8 PSI the night of the install but hit 15.4 today. I hope it gets even faster tomorrow.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

exhaust and up-pipe should be next...where's the pic's?

4. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I always loved the black bugeyes. That is what I originally went looking for but could not find a black one in my price range.

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

just wait until you have that puppy fine "tuned" it will be that "different car"

6. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

Nice! Can't wait to see the pictures. I love bugeyes.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yay black bugeye sedans!

8. i just went straight megasquirt ecu. i cant wait till my car is done! LOL welcome!

9. anova167

anova167 New Member

Popped on an AVO cat back this weekend. Chose the AVO because it seemed like one of the most quiet exhausts out there. Pretty easy install even with the new KB hangers. Just need a little grease.

Anyway, not so quiet after I fire it up. Drive for a day and it sounds like a NASCAR. AVO wouldn't lie would they? Of course not - huge leak at the end of the DP. It was drilling my rear diff protector and I reused the springs bolts because the AVO bolts wouldn't fit through the hole in the Cobb DP flange.

Got some new (non-spring) bolts at the Depot and took off the rear diff protector. Oh, you weren't lying AVO it actually isn't supposed to sound like I am driving a sprint car with straight pipes. Actually, it is still a little louder than I expected, but the rumble is awesome. It isn't REALLY loud, but the bass note it gives off is ridiculous. smallest of drones on the highway, but it is there especially at 75-80 MPH. Looks OEM (if OEM had a single tip)

Sorry still no pics up, but someday maybe.

10. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

ttiwwop

just kidding. Have fun!

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

i dont think there is an aftermarket exhaust that fits WITH the rear diff protector....