My Blue Saabaru

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by jay92x, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jay92x

jay92x New Member

When I first got the car in '05, Thanks GM for employee pricing making this cheaper than a new WRX!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow.. I don't have any newer pics than form '05?

2. jay92x

jay92x New Member

Mods

In 4 years I have done very little:

Sirius Radio
    Cobb APv1
    Kartboy SS
    Auto-dimming rear-view mirror w/compass

Planned Mods
    Cobb catted DP
    STi UP
    STi axle-back
    K&N Drop-in
    CST Leather Interior.. still working out the color scheme

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

nice car. And you need more mods asap.

4. I would have bought one for myself but there was very little selection when we went looking.My wife bought one ,black,auto,nonturbo.It was the same price as a bare bones Impreza wagon but hers has sunroof and heated seats..

5. jay92x

jay92x New Member

They had some great deals on the 9-2x, but yeah it was actually hard to find one without any of the packages until I went to the dealership in Marietta which listed me the inventory of the cars at the dock. I ended up with the "cold package" of heated seats and de-icer when the dealership said they would split the package cost with me. I'm cheap.. what can I say.

And yeah.. I need more mods. Damn this forum... after much research I'm going to get a y-pipe and rear sway bar and start saving for a VF34, STi Pinks, prodrive springs and some kind of braking thingy to help me stop the thing after that.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Do you need a y-pipe? I mean, is yours busted? I don't think there is much to gain from it unless you mean "up-pipe"

7. jay92x

jay92x New Member

my Y isn't cracked, but from reading some threads around it sounds like a weak link and a silicon one will hold up better. I figured I'd replace it now when I do the UP/DP and not worry about it.

8. jay92x

jay92x New Member

STi Catback

So I (meaning I watched Trey do it.. thanks!) put in an STi catback this past weekend:

[​IMG]

I like the low end rumble produced while at idle and low RPMS and the fact that it isn't much loader on the freeway. After having it on for a week it feels like there is some more torque at the lower end but its probably just because the rumble sounds nice and I cleaned my car.. and a clean car always seems faster to me. :)

This morning I dropped in a green filter. Next weekend I get the UP/DP installed.. Can't wait!

9. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

10. heathbar

heathbar Member

Yeah, I had to get mine delivered from Maryland!

I forgot what clean saabaru seats look like... :wtc:

11. jay92x

jay92x New Member

some recent pics (maybe farewell 92x pics)

I just took some new pics. Might be selling this thing so I can take over a lease from a family member who lost their job and can't afford their IS250 anymore. I'm kinda mixed about it right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

trying not to sound like a vulture, but price?

13. jay92x

jay92x New Member

I was thinking $11k. Not entirely sure yet.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  14. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

let me know if you ever want some roof racks... i would be willing to trade you for your deletes... looks clean and best of look in your decision to sell or keep

15. midnight302

midnight302 New Member

16. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Nice car, markets getting better, ironically closer to stock the easier to sell