my lets see what i can do with a 500dollar car build

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by osborne519, Oct 24, 2012.

1. osborne519

osborne519 Member

my lets see what i can do with a $500 legacy car build

the other day i purchased the legacy pictured below for 500 dollars.

details on the legacy it had 154980 miles,5 speed, mint interior(one rip in the leather back seat),a front end tap and the engine was out/disassembled but ran when it was pulled plus it came with 2 sets of tires and a timing kit.. so i showed up the a full gasket kit put everything back together by the book turned the key and drove it home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3 trips to pull a part and a few to autozone now it runs plus everything works including the a/c except only 2 issues a small oil leak and it throws a egr code but that had been blocked off when i got it. ill be doing a complete delete when i figure out what i need to do it
    [​IMG]

a few days later i pulled the engine again and well what do u know the rear main seal and the plastic cover on the back were both pissing oil like a champ
    so a i picked up the parts and replaced the seals, cleaned everything and put the engine back in

Now no leaks so ill buy a tag this friday and decide what im gonna do with it im debating on a turbo or flat 6 swap

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. osborne519

osborne519 Member

reserved

3. osborne519

osborne519 Member

holding

4. osborne519

osborne519 Member

reserving

5. osborne519

osborne519 Member