My New Toy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Don't really care to make a journal, just wanted to let everyone know if you see me riding around don't run over me :wiggle:

Picked this up last night off craigslist for a freaking steal...paid half of suggested retail. When I took it to the Harley Dealership (Earl Small's in Marietta) they actually said they'd give me $500 over what I paid.

I've been looking for a few months now for someone desperate to sell...found them. Newly married couple who bought a boat, jet ski, motorcycle and house while the wife's still in school. Needed quick cash to help w/ Christmas debt, and I was there to supply.

Being a Tech nerd, I love the Buell...from its hollow frame gas tank to the rear swing arm oil tank, the engineering in this bike is why I'm such a...damnit, I am a geek...

Sorry picture isn't the best, just took it w/ my phone.

[​IMG]

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Very nice

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Cool. PM me if you want to ride sometime.

4. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I need to hire you for a personal shopper. Nice work! I want a bike, but it's not in the cards yet. I don't want to wind up like the poor (pun intended) guy you got that from. Enjoy, ride safe, and take the MSF class if you haven't yet. Good experience.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sweeet

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Wheelies are fun on those bikes. Had one for a while.

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

nice buy

8. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

very clean... im loving the white

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

such cool bikes....they dont get near the credit they deserve. You can get them like you said for nothing. I love my SV but if i got another twin bike that was inexpensive that would be the one i would go with. Otherwise i would get an RC51 or Aprilia Mille. I have a guy that passes me on a buell everyday im headed to work and it sounds awsome.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

What kind of Buell is that? I'm wanting one one day.

11. 07Ltd#767

2003 XB9R Lightning

I love it. My car is much faster (pulls much harder over ~35mph), but just the feeling of the air makes the bike so much better. It's like you're in touch with every sense and the world operates in slow motion (you see every intersection 45 seconds before you get there to make sure cars aren't pulling out in front of you). You can find a good used one for around $4500-$5500 depending on year / mileage...or you can get lucky like I did and find someone in such shitty debt they're willing to let it go for half that :D

I took mine to Earl Smalls and had everything checked out, cost me just over $500 to have both tires changed, a full inspection w/ fluids, forks and plugs checked, a sensor replaced that had gone bad and a clutch adjustment...I'm good now for about 3,000 miles of pure fun.

I would highly recommend a good bike, just watch out for crazy soccer moms doing 95 mph in their tanks while talking on their cell phones and eating fast food...:eek:hnoes:

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I used to have a CBR600 and it was a blast. I miss that bike and lately been riding my dad's Harley a lot when it was warm. It just isn't the same but I love the v-twin hence the Buell.

Local guy here has a 2007 XB12R Firebolt with 16K for $3000.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm thinking very hard about buying this
    [​IMG]

14. 07Ltd#767

That's a hell of a deal...one I would've loved to have jumped on. I really only wanted ~600cc's, but since the Buell's aren't geared like a crotch rocket, the 9XXcc bike is about perfect.

Going tomorrow morning to get my class 'M' license (had the 'MP' for a while, but weather's been shiesty). Just got my christmas present to myself yesterday

Pants

Gloves

Jacket

Boots

Saturday's supposed to be gorgeous, but I think I'll be up in the mountains in the car...still nice to have the options, though.

Btw, that bike is gorgeous, even though I'm vehemently opposed to the red / black combination.

15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

niice!!

16. 07Ltd#767

Picture of me on the bike...don't care what the temperature is, it's still fun :ddirty:

[​IMG]