My rear view mirrow melted!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yardhippie, Sep 24, 2008.

1. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Well not completely. The other day I get in my car and its got this liquid looking horizontal split.

So I found a replacement for $90 shipped/paypal'd. It is a compass/auto-dimming mirror.

After I swapped it out today, it looks like something happened to the layer of liquid between the mirror and the glass. I don't know if there was some damage or something warped and caused air bubbles to form in there.

Anyone ever have this happen?

So now I have this compass mirror with everything that works, except the mirror part! :rofl:

If anyone knows how to fix it, hook a brotha up. If not, and you just want it, let me know. ;)

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

dude that's nuts! hope you can get that situation fixed soon....cant say I've ever had that happen..

3. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Already got it fixed. Found one to replace it.

I'd just like to know if it is fixable and get some of my money back!:naughty:

4. WJM

WJM Banned

Normal. happens to ALL auto dimming mirrors at some point in their life.

5. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Bummer. Oh well. Anyone want a auto-dim/compass mirror that looks like the glass melted? :keke:

6. pankopp

pankopp Member

thats what happend to mine back in the day... slowly the liquid just disapears...

7. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

crap.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Same happened to my buddies bugeye on the way to Atlanta. He couldn't see anything out of it.