Nacho Libre

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Deke, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So while I do think Jack Black is hilarious, and he was funny in this movie, the level of craptitude still outweighed the laughter. I thought it was pretty hilarious for about the first 30 minutes, but then it just kept going and going. An hour and a half movie lasted for what seemed like 3. I was literally relieved when the credits came. Now don't get me wrong, there were moments where I laughed my ass off, but as a whole, I wouldn't reccomend anyone to see it. The only movie I've actually enjoyed less in recent years was Wolf Creek. I wouldn't see Nacho Libre unless you thought Napolean Dynamite wasn't long enough (not that Nappy D was bad, but you get the point).

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just as I suspected.... Looked like a renter...

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i just saw it last night too, and yeah there were funny moments where i laughed my butt off, but as a whole, i too would rent this before spending 8.50 a person to watch.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its enjoyable, just dont expect much. It is a silly film, and nothing more.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

whats up with all the crappy movies lately. we need to stop going to the theater to see this crap. Paying for it will only encourage them to produce more crap.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That is the benefit of being drunk I guess. I could swear that was a 30 to 45 miinute movie, however, as JT told me, we missed about the first 15 minutes of the movie getting food.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like jack black... im gonna watch it if i get time this week

8. heathbar

heathbar Member

It's silly and ridiculous, as long as that's okay with you it's very funny!

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats right up my alley :D

10. blink

blink Member

milo, i'll newsgroup the movie, and you and I can have a date night.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:gfight:

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

just watched it today and i thought it was hilarious... i couldnt stop laughing throughout... the humor is a lot like napoleon dynamite with more physical humor ... i give it 2 thumbs up...

my favorite line from the movie was when nacho was ttrying to hit on the nun:
    'underneath these clothes, is a man... and underneath the man... is... his nucleus...'
    :rofl:

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I was about to go see this one...I hope that Jack Black was as funny in this as he normally is...That's slapstick comedy for ya...LOL...I haven't seen Nappy D yet, but have heard nothing but great things about it...I need to rent it on DVD.

Mark

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

So over the course of the last few weeks, this movie has become funnier and funnier in my mind. It has a few scenes that I literally laugh just thinking about. I wish someone would make a condensed version. Just like 20-30 minutes, that would be perfect.