Part Review Nameless performance axleback muffle delete

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Holc13WRX, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Nameless performance axleback muffler delete

Yesterday I recieved my nameless axleback, and I installed it last night.

I decided to go with an axleback because I honestly did not want to pay $1000 for a cbe, and after doing some research I decided to go the axleback route.

Unboxing: My first impressions were very good. Just like everything I have heard, the build quality was spot on.

Install: after reading some other reviews a lot of people do the install with no ramps or jack stands, so I decided I would just do it at my parents house with no ramps or jacks. (Didn't feel like doing it on the street in Midtown)

The install was very straight forward, but a serious PITA without having the car up a bit. Ramps would have been perfect. It was literally only 4 bolts. FYI if your car has over a few thousand miles get new gaskets... I didn't (car has 11k miles) and I really wish I had. Will be ordering some today.

Final installation took about 45 mins. Hangers were the biggest PITA without the car being on ramps/jacks. My parent have a hill leading to the garage so I ended up pulling the car in to the garage and letting the back hang out over the driveway for some extra clearance. Helped a little bit.

I am very pleased with the way it looks. The stock mufflers are not flush with the bumper and that always bothered the hell out of me. I went with the staggered tips double wall 3.5" The tips sit flush with bumber and IMO look great! It is also nice to have the GIANT mufflers out.

First start up: I was extremely happy with the results! Car sounds amazing! Car sounds fantastic at low RPMs and awesome at WOT. Rode on the highway and it doesn't drone at all. I almost couldn't even tell it was on while on the highway in 5th gear. My gas mileage has dropped because it was very hard to keep the wrx out of fourth gear on the highway. LOL

Cold Start: It is definitely louder than stock. It is actually pretty damn loud for about 20-30 seconds and then tones down a little. I have definitely heard louder.

Note: No performance gain. Just an audio upgrade! This is far louder than stock. I would reccomend this to anyone that wants to hear the subie rumble and doesn't want to pay $1,000. I paid $299 for this.

Sorry for crap quality. I didn't have my dslr. I will take some good pics of it on the car this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So I am curious for autox reasons... exactly how loud is it? Like in decibels?

3. Holc13WRX

I have no idea to be honest with you. And I definitely can't speak to the hatch either... I found out through Enzo yesterday the hatch version is totally different and more expensive... :sad:

4. Holc13WRX

I will be at the next dinner meet if you want to hear how loud it is...

5. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The hatch is body is alil shorter, so yes it is a bit different but I could bet that the general exhaust design is very similar till it gets to the rear axle.

6. Holc13WRX

7. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I just ordered mine yesterday and the hatch setup is completely different and has quite a bit more tubing and it seems the hatch ones are built to order. Nameless has the muffler delete version for $515 plus $60 for shipping. They also have a magnaflow version, and a 4&5 in muffler one as well. Once it comes in and I install it, I can let you listen to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Did you end up picking up the Invidia DP you were talking about in your AP review?
    Does having one of those and only an axel back affect a stage 2 tune?

9. Holc13WRX

Nope I didn't get the DP it was barely used, and someone got to it before me. :sad:

I've decided to just wait and buy a new Cobb DP...

All the research that I have done says the exaust really doesn't matter for the stage 2 only the DP. The tuning for stage 2 was done on a wrx/sti with full cobb turbo back, so I would assume that the axleback might even be a bit better than the stock exhaust because it doesnt have the restriction of the mufflers.

But I could be totally wrong...

10. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Ah, that sucks.
    cool. I don't really know either. I was thinking it would be "better" with a CBE because the piping would all be the same size all the way back. I am assuming your axle back is 3 in? In which is case it would go 3 in down to 2.5 then back 3(once you got the DP). How much difference that makes if any, I don't know that either.
    So....sorry to get the thread off course. Glad you like the new upgrade!

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't know if this still holds true, but be careful about the cobb. Yes, it's a GREAT product, but Cobb stuff for previous model years would only mate up with other Cobb items...or stock. I never really understood that part, but just something to consider.

12. Justin V

Justin V Member

Yeah the cobb downpipe bottlenecks so that the oem donut gasket can be used which is fine for stock midpipes or spt. I'd opt for a different downpipe and a grimmspeed adapter if needed, that way if you go big power or full catback you won't have that bottle neck and still require an adapter.

13. Holc13WRX

The whole reason I have been wanting to purchase the Cobb dp is because the OTS map was designed for it... I guess I need to go back and do some more digging

14. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

the OTS tunes are setup soo safe, and the flow differences at stage 2 levels from a cobb DP vs say a full 3" invidia are so minimal, I really don't think you have to worry. Also, I'm fairly certain many members have run OTS stage 2 with a non cobb DP without any issues.

Now if you go hunting for 400hp, thats a bit different, and catless can often get you there over catted,

15. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I ran the Cobb OTS stage 2 with a non Cobb catless for about a year before I got a pro tune. Zero issues.

16. Holc13WRX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And something else added today!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Airbox on the way...

17. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Looking good man.

18. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I know this is a couple weeks back now but I got the Hatch version of the Muffler Delete on Wednesday and got it on the car that night. At higher RPM's this thing is quite loud, but not annoying Fart Can loud but a very deep growl kind of loud. I'm enjoying it, and there ins't much drone. I drive 40 miles on the interstate to and from work and in 5th gear at about 80 MPH is is abaout as quite is the stock muffler. Step on it and get to about 95 or 100 and its friggen loud. The website said it was about 5 db louder than stock. Also, they do have a magnaflow, 4 and 5 in muffled version. if you are worried about noice then do the 4 inch one. I have seen the youtube videos of those and they are a little quieter than mine.