Nasty wreck, but OK...big THANKS to Lexus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rexrocker, May 2, 2006.

1. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Let's just say, I will always have at least one Lexus in the garage after my wife and I survived a pretty nasty accident the Friday before last. We were happily crusing down the southbound RIGHT lane of Atlanta Rd. while the left southbound lane was backed up with heavy traffic. The traffic was leaving a gap at the median/interesection for northbound cars to turn left. We entered the intersection at Atlanta Road and the 285 SB ramp doing 45 mph when out of nowhere a 2006 Honda Civic was directly in my path. I had no where to go - left lane blocked, right lane curb and 285 guard rail...I hit the brakes for a few seconds and BAM, t-boned the Civic. I honestly do not think the other driver knew what was coming. The momentum from the accident carried the Civic into the curb, driver's side tires first and the Civic turned up on it's roof. It was over in a few seconds...our front airbags out...heavy, heavy front end-damage to the Lexus, but we got out of the car with no major injuries...amazing. (And regardless of a complete lack of yielding and messing up my neck pretty good, the other lady got out of her car with no major injuries except a BIG FAT ticket for failure to yield while turning left).

Pictures...

http://www.thebenoitfamily.com/gallery/Acciden04212006/

(the red Civic is the 'other' vehicle)

Big props to Lexus for designing a safe vehicle...back to the dealership tonight to look at new ones...I couldn't convince my wife to get into an STI or an M3. :sx: Bummer.

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Nasty. Main thing is everyone's ok.

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

glad you guys are alright...that looks like a nasty collision

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

glad everyone walked away relatively unhurt

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wow glad you and your wife are physically ok....

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Glad you're not hurt Clay! The new IS is pretty sweet looking!

7. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Glad you guys are ok man.

That Civic definitely felt the wrath.

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

they are GREAT cars!
    very glad you all are ok.
    i rolled my mom's 91' ES300 going over 120mph. i have to say, most any other car would have torn apart. i hope she always drive one also.
    and glad to see it wasn't another WRX going down. too many these past few months.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

:eek3: You might want to watch out for that in the future...

Glad to here that you and your lady are alright.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad u guys are ok man... that looks like a nasty accident

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Oh yeah, got that out of my system 15 years ago. :sx:

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek3: Wow, glad that you two are okay.

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Wow! glad you guyz came out ok.

14. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks for all the kind words...yeah, we went back twice to the impound lot to clean the car out and "say our goodbyes"...I just stood there in awe. It makes me sick to my stomach sometimes thinking about it...the front end of the car is literally half of what it was...anyways. All good...I am still a little anxious as I crawl through intersections, but I'm sure that'll pass. Need a SRDEC to get it everything out of my system. ;) Ha ha. Thanks again guys.

15. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn im glad you guys are ok. that was a big impact.

16. jayj713

jayj713 Member

wow, glad you guys are ok! That looks horrible

17. flip

flip Member

Wow, glad you are ok! I was in a similar accident where a lady just simply turned right from the left hand lane directly in front of me when i was doing about 55. I was in my Acura Integra And both my passenger and myself were fine. They were in an astro van or something and ended up with bashes, bruises and blody noses but were generally ok, except for just like you said, the BIG FAT TICKET :). or like 4... ;)

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

glad to hear you guys are ok, that civic got dominated and its practically brand new.

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

Lexus/toyota are stout ass vehicles
    I spun my GS around into a curb once, barely knocked the allignment off (stupid Goodyear eagle GA like ice in rain) it was weird I couldn't get ANY traction that day, it was sun out rain.
    glad you are ok

20. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

glad every1 is okie specially the honda lady i thought after seeing the car she might be seriously hurt but not so thats a good thing and glad that new civic had sum side impact air bags

21. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Great story, I totaled a GS 400 and me and 3 other people walked away without a scratch. Very safe vehicles.

Not sure if you bought a car yet, but if not, go to Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, ask for Jack Ross, tell him Mike from SELOC sent ya.

And even if you don't go there for service, mention SELOC and you get 10% off service off your Lexus.