Need a Garage Lift?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Dec 23, 2008.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Tight on space, check this out!

www.maxjaxusa.com

Ped I think this is calling your name :)

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

I want!!!

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This would be perfect for pEd, but I am not sure I would want to be under the car when it is up on these things that don't securely bolt to the ground. It doesn't seem very safe to me

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

OK, never mind. I just looked at the Installation Guidelines, and the first step is to mount anchors into the concrete where the lifts are to be used, so maybe it is safe enough. Move the lifts into place and bolt them down. When done, unbolt and move lifts out of the way. Kinda cool.

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

oohhh.... you're right.

I'll have to check it out and see what the cost is.
    Don't think Julie will let me spring for it though.

The safety issue does concern me....

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

1500 to 1795.

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I love lifts. I have been using my friend's dad's 4-post lift, and it has been so much easier to work on the car. They have 2-post and 4-post lift, and the 2-post lifts the car up high enough to walk under it :)

[​IMG]

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

this is my next mod.

I'm getting too old to be laying on my back underneath a car.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I have checked and the lowest ceiling requirment from Rotary Lifts are 10 feet, if anyone knows other brands have lower requirment please post it

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

this one says it works with ceilings less than 8ft.

and you have to install bolt anchors in the concrete first. those look like toe busters when the lift is stowed. and i would assume after repeated installation and removal of the nuts the threads on those concrete anchors would begin to wear out, then you're screwed

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

MaxJax™ Internal Thread Recessed Flush-Mount Concrete Anchors

Though the picture on the website doesn't show it, you probably sink the anchor completely into the concrete floor, so when the lift is stored away, there are just six threaded holes in your floor. Nothing to stub a toe on.

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh hmm, didnt read thoroughly, haha.

probably screw down into the concrete and come back up when needed. i've actually seen some concrete anchors like that before. if i had 1500 laying around this would be a no-brainer