Need Alignment w/ new RE-01R's

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by vtec93accord, Apr 7, 2009.

1. vtec93accord

vtec93accord Member

I just purchased a set of the Potenza RE-01R tires off of tire rack in the 245-45-17 size. I am also lowered on a set of Tein Flex coilovers as well. Height is sitting right about the tire and is going to get lifted up just a little more before i go in for the alignment due to scrubbing on the inner fender. I have no sways as of yet and it it will be awhile and i was just wondering if somebody could help me out with some specs for an alignment that would be better for handling in my position im at now?

I know for setting the toe at 0, but i have heard front camber ranging from -1.6 to -2.0 degrees and the rear prolly cant get any better than -1.0 degrees.

Anybody have any ideas as to what i should be looking for in some camber specs and such for some descent handling with my setup?

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I would just take it up to GTE. They have aligned so many Subarus (everything from track cars to daily drivers). You can tell them what you want to use the car for, and they will tailor your alignment to those specs.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Agreed,

I would recommend something like -1.6 to -1.8 with -1.4ish in the rear if you can get it. Makes for a nice daily setup :)

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

If your car is riding too low I would suggest upping the ride height. Having your car slammed is not going to make it drive better and it will be very difficult to align properly.

5. vtec93accord

vtec93accord Member

Its definetly getting lifted up a little before i send it in for an alignment for sure. Where is GTE located and what are their prices looking like on alignments? Ive seen the name but havent heard anything else on them. If anything where can i get some bolts to adjust the rears more negative as im sure it will need it.

Dont need the backend stepping out so easy haha.

6. Meredith

Meredith Banned

7. vtec93accord

vtec93accord Member

Does anybody know where i can get camber bolts for the rear of my 2005 STI?

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Just get camber plates, bolts will slip!

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

not if installed properly

10. vtec93accord

vtec93accord Member

Ive got some Eibach Alignment bolts on hold down here at Summit in McDonough that i can pick up and use. Ive never had a problem with cam bolts slipping at all. Can adjust up to -1.75 to negative camber for the rears which would be great.

11. aneel

aneel Member

how bad does -1.75 eat up your tires??

aneeL

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

it doesn't. toe is what kills it.

13. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I'd recommend Steve at SOK for your work. That's where I got my RE01r mounted and aligned on tien flex. He does excellent work and he's friends with lots of ppl on here, so he'll take care of you like a friend. Great guy!