need brake pads..

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by WrxCrazy, Jan 20, 2006.

1. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

:bowdown: where can i get proformance brake pads from? any local place or website for quick shipping..??? plz sum1 i need the best.. :bowdown:

i also need to know if any1 have a stock 04-06 wrx braking system with 4 piston to fit on my 02 wrx... (02 has stock 2 piston) and will the 04-06 system fit on my 02 wrx?

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

SoG has Hawk HP's very good pads thus far, they carry carbotechs as well, also quite good from reviews.

the 06 wrx is the first yr they had 4-pot calipers on the front... so you may not find too many "used" sets just yet. www.boxer4racing.com (they have oem cali's and whatnot, very good prices)

3. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i just got a set of Axxis Ultimates from www.subydude.com, they were out of the carbotechs and the guy suggested those over the Hawk pads?....i guess either one would work for my application since i don't race or anything....i know lots people here run the hawk pads....

edit: here's a site that has the 4 pots for your car....only difference is that they aren't red: http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/wrx-braking.html

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  4. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

do they make the hawk or carbotechs to fit Stoptechs?

5. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i believe that both make pads for the stoptechs. i had carbotechs on my wrx when ihad it and i have hawks on the rx-8 now. i never really got to push the wrx but the hawks did great on the track

6. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

thanks all for replys

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Which pads do not produce a lot of brake dust. OR one is type is really bad - produces a lot of brake dust.

TIA

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

any performance brake pad is going to dust more than stock

9. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I use the EBC greenstuff. They are supposed to be dustless, but if you are racing on them they will turn your wheels black. I like them for autox. They are noise free for daily driving, but on the autox course they will start to squeel about the third or fourth run. They were pretty inexpensive and I got them from www.fastwrx.com. They have a really good friction coefficient, or at least much better than stock.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Higher perf. pads will be a little noisy when they warm up. You want dust as these speeds because as I'm sure you know, dust means the wear is going mostly to the pad, rather than the rotor.

SoG stocks Hawk (and maybe Carbotech), TS stocks Carbotechs I believe.

11. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

how much can i get them for i need all 4 wheels brake pads... ???

and i was recmend to change my rear rotors from decatur royal subaru
    at 5 more thousand miles cause they were cut and they thin. or sumthing he told me, i dunno how much will 4 brake pads and 4 rotors will be? and is rotors same thing as 4 piston brake pads.. sorry i dunno anything abt brake system..? all together how much will 4 rotors and 4 brake pads be? :bowdown:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  12. Alex

Hah, funny, the guys are moving to the beat of this song...

Im not sure on the price of 4 rotors, but Ill-WRX just upgraded his entire brake system (something you might consider) so hopefully he'll chime in with some prices and such.

Just a little bit of information for you. The rotor is the metal disc. The caliper is the metal C that sits on the edge of the rotor, the pistons are inside this and they are what press the pad into the rotor.

13. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah i got all 4 power slots and just new front pads cause my rears just got replaced less than a month ago but ....i paid about $350 from suby dude....hopefully while my car is jacked up for springs we can slap those suckers on..... :naughty: depending on your mileage i would see if it's still covered by subaru, mine was but they just turned my rotors and gave me new rear pads for free....but i figured i want non rusted rotors still and my car's going to be on jacks anyways so i sprung for some new stuff early....if you want my old ones let me know....

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  14. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

sol, where did you get that anigif for your sig? it's great ;)

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got the carbotech bobcats from SOG

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

another board i visit regularly, BlueGoldNews.com (WVU sports). one of the guys on there. it cracks me up everytime i see it!

17. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

yeah let me get hold of ur old rotors, sog tells me i need new rotors caue my rare rotors r cut to the max..
    or u changing ur whole brake system then let me get ur old system and i will see what i can use.. we will deside @ milo's :sx:
    and one more thing.. should i go to scott in sog and get pads from there

18. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

stop by scott and tell him what you want and he will send you to parts, Alex and I will be up at SoG on wednesday if you are interested.

19. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

wednesday u say???
    i'm in what time?

20. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

hmm, dont know, probably lunch time

21. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i will be going in there about 11:00 am or 12:00pm.. somewhere around there

22. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i think we will be up there around 11ish

23. Alex

We will be at SoG on Wed around 11pm.

24. PhatbacK

PhatbacK Member

i finally got new brake pads...woohoo!!

25. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

what did you get?

26. revel

revel Member

i have the JDM Version 5/6 4pot/2pot brake setup (NON-ABS). having a hard time finding which pads will fit. 'WJM' had helped me pick out track pads a few years ago and i cant remember which model suby they were intended for.

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

27. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Try EBC Redstuff FRONT (#DP31200C)

IIRC 300zx twin turbos use the same pads which probably are easily available at any parts store compared to suby specific.