Need HDTV Help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

again.. Hey guys, local A/V retard here with another dilemma. I just got done watching the debate last night, and my screen went all green. I still have audio, I just can't get any picture. I have an Element 42" Plasma HDTV that I got from CC a couple months ago, you guys might remember my thread about needing help hooking that up... Well, I'm REALLY hoping its a bad cable box or something and not the tv. I thought it might be a bad hdmi cable, so I swapped that out with no luck. I tried using different hdmi ports, same green screen. I still have audio, but no video. What gives my a little hope is that I can still play the PS3 and watch movies fine, screen is normal (again using hdmi). I didn't change anything with the hookups at the time, just sitting there looking at "my Dvr" screen, exited out of that and got the green screen. Any ideas/help??? PLEASE!!!!

2. xcritic

xcritic Member

Definently sound like the cable box. Do you have a component cable (red, green, blue colored ends) that you could try hooking up from the cable box to the tv, that way you can identify if its the hdmi port from the cable box or the box itself.

3. jeb

jeb Member

Sounds like its the DVR box. Especially with the other sources working correctly.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Its happened to me.. So its Deff the cable box.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

You guys got the green screen too? I can't get it to work with component cables either... I really hope it is the DVR box, I didn't get the CC warranty on the TV and I've heard Element is a nightmare to work with for their warranty...

6. xcritic

xcritic Member

It's definently the box, if the ps3 is still working and the component failed.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Few!!! Called Comcast, they had me unplug/plug and sent another HD signal...Voila! Cable works again... Thank 6 pound 10 ounce baby Jesus that fixed it. I was so worried it was the TV... and thank all you guys for your help, this site rules!

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

My TV does this occasionally if I switch back and forth between HD channels and normal channels. I usually just have to power the TV off and back on and everything is back to normal.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

In this case, a unplug was needed to fix the green screen of death....