Need help hooking up PS3 to wireless...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by crashtke, Aug 15, 2007.

1. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Getting pretty fed up here. Never had any issues with my laptop or my xbox 360. Anyone good with networking? Shoot me a pm on here or something please!

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

well what does it do?

3. crashtke

It finds the network, I enter in the password, and it fails to connect to the internet. I even have it getting an IP address now after manually entering in all the network information and still it can't seem to find the internet and gives me some weird error saying that it had some sort of a name issue.

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

tried googling the error?

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

disable UPnP, seems to be a common problem

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

any luck?

7. crashtke

Yeah tried googling it, lol. I am not totally helpless, lol. I have tried everything I could find and still with no luck. At this point I have come to the conclusion that the wireless sucks major ass and just went wired. Further had my first ps3 crap out on me in less than 48 hours. Not a good start. Got the new one, got it hooked up to a fucking wire...don't count on the wireless feature if you have a Linksys router.

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

ditch the linksys and buy a real router such as SMC wireless baricade, I also had problems connecting via linksys

9. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

what kind of wireless to you have is it g wireless or b wireless me and a friend had problems with the b wireless then went and but the g router and no problems with that.

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Im telling you, people have problems with the WRT54G or whatever it is. disable upnp on the router and it will work