Need Shipping Options Advice...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Dec 1, 2008.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

So I need to get a 60 inch LCD Rear projection TV shipped from Florida to Atlanta. It doesn't weigh all that much (probably 80lbs or so?), but is rather bulky. If I can't find a way to get it done cheaply, than it won't be worth it for me. UPS wants like $350, A U-Haul one way is like $400 or so. I vaguely remember some moving companies would rent out the extra space on their trucks for really cheap. Anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as its a great TV, just don't want to spend alot when LCD Flat Panel prices are dropping so dramatically right now...

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

not only that, but you'd also have to worry about damage during shipping, especially through UPS this time of year.

our rates here at work for something that size would probably run ~$200 for an LTL line, but that's with good discounts for the amount of shipping we do. Check with your place of employment, they probably have some connection with a truck line that will be much cheaper than UPS and probably be a little safer, too

3. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i think you can bguy a new 60" rear projection tv for under $1000 nowadays... so i don think its worth shipping it for $500.

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

What about renting a cargo van/suv and going to get it yourself?

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Heck I would sell you mine for the shipping cost:)

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

The TV is a Sony XBr 1080P, nice upgraqe from my current Samsung dlp 720p. My dad replaced it with the flat panel version of the Sony, so is looking to get this out of his house. But so far, no joy on finding a way to get this thing moved! Anyone have a trailer I can borrow/rent??

7. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

yeah trailor / truck is your best bet.

since the gas price went down it will help as well...

8. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

If your selling your old TV let me know!