Need some ideas for a charity project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by socrates42, Feb 20, 2006.

1. socrates42

socrates42 Member

Ok guys, I am thinking of building a charity car. Not a subaru, i think my chances would be better with an american company. I posted a brainstorm on my blog. Check it out and help me out with some ideas.
    http://heysavino.blogspot.com/
    thanks guys
    Adam

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Feel free to put together a Volvo 740 B230FT buildup with a big hairdryer and donate it to the Moose Foundation.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Cancer research please.

4. blink

blink Member

i second that of which alex speaks.. espically any Childrens Cancer Fund.

5. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I'm a cancer survivor and my GS just recently stoped working suddenly. After a battery of looking over and trouble shooting it seems to be a combo of probs. I'd like to get some money back so I have transport because as of nowi have none. Car is in great shape inside and out and has lots of unique and one of a kind mods and I am just so enervated and sapped of motavation with fixing it, I just want it gone at this point. Aside from not running (idle real bad when it does run, won't keep charge and seems to have some serious electrical issues, new plugs in it, when it was running last I could be on constant throttle and the power would fade in and out as if I was on and off the throttle). Pm me if you are interested and want to take a look. I'd love to help with this project and if my car can be made to be of use that would be great. I'm just done with working on it for my own sake. It has gotten the best of me in the worst kind of way pretty much.

6. socrates42

socrates42 Member

I was thinking of getting a new car to use for this purpose hopefully donated from a major manufacturer. I am trying to come up with way to make it tie into a charity. I personally think that cancer research is a great cause however I do not know how to tie that to automototive. Anyone have any ideas?

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I don't, but I'll rudely hijack this thread to post this...

I've been doing some volunteer work for The Wellness Community, which is affiliated with Northside and provide support for cancer survivors. I'm trying to find some monitors (17" and up) and a couple of half decent PCs for them, but it's not easy. If any of you guys have an old monitor in OK condition sitting around, please let me know and I'll pick it up... should be a tax deductible donation.

8. Goose013

Goose013 Member

cystic fibrosis is a good cause, those kids suffer a lot and need more charity events than what they have.

9. Goose013

Goose013 Member

do a raffle for the car, a dealership might donate one and then write it off on taxes. That's how they usually do it.

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Moose! i just happen to have a 19" ViewSonic monitor i need out of my closet. we can meet up sometime next week if you want. in a few months i'll have an old G3 powermac you have also.

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I have a dell/sony 17 inch, has a scratch on the screen, and a computer that is older, but still kicks, has a 20 gig and a 40 gig, just needs to be reinstalled with an operating system, has 712mb or 1 gig of ram. The processor is an old P2 xeon for gaming it's 1ghz, runs like a champ though.

I understand the new car aspect. I thought you meant make a showcar for the charity, I've been wanting to do that for quite some time, I have a body kit, and bags are easy to find (if it's gonna be show, might as well go all the way, cheap 19s too). I need to talk more with cancer charitys to see if they want a car on the show circuit touring, that would bring in LOTS of publicity and be a really different kind of direct marketing.