Neon gets the axe?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StarquestAndyR, Sep 21, 2005.

1. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

no more SRT-4's either?

2. Trey

Trey Active Member

"we Are The Champions My Friends!!!"

:p

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

SRT-4 is a performance platform that can apply to any type of car in the Chrysler lineup.

Since the Neon is no longer made , there will be no Neon SRT-4s made either. ;)

example, you can get an SRT-8 package on a 300c and a Challenger. I think the little convertable has it too.

4. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I heard rumors of it being replaced by something AWD turbo, but i dunno??

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I had heard rumors about this being true, sad to see it go. As crumby as a car it might be, it still was a cheap dependable ride.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea its done completly....i saw a concept for the replacement and it was UGLY. Whether it was a good car or not i dunno. AWD turbo? i doubt it. Turbo most likly. I will telly ou what though watch out for that new Honda Civic SI 204whp stock.

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

204whp or not, it'll still sound like a dying moose when you slap a big exhaust on it.

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

Vtec for the win. ;)

9. hehe, that made me laugh Trey.

Actually, I've been thinking about Neon getting the axe, and I think I am actually kinda sad.

It was a good rivalry, and its going to suck having only mitsu as competition. especially seeing as how mitsu is going under pretty badly. I know that mitsu japan will bail them out, but hopefully the EVO will not be a victim of their monetary problems.

Competition is good. it drives us to do better. Oh well, hopefully they will come out with another SRT-4 in the future.

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well just watch out there will be new competition. Honda is really stepping there game up, chevy is attemtping and failing miserably, toyota is wanting to bring the supra back, and the Tc is supposed to be supercharged by the end of the year. Dodge will bring something back with all this other competition coming in.