Netflix on PS3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKiller, Nov 13, 2009.

1. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Not sure if anyone else has tried it out yet but as a long-time member of Netflix, I love this new feature where I can watch their instant play movies on my TV through my PS3 now.
    Great for watching older favorites or terrible B movies..

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I just got my disc, but haven't tried it yet. I'm glad I didn't have to buy a PC or their $100 player.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Been using on Xbox for the last 4 months or so.. I love it! Hows the interface look? Xbox's is pretty.. your queue is sprawled out with the DVD covers to scroll thru, and they have catagories and new releases to browse thru as well. Plus it seems like the library in Netflix is getting bigger and bigger... My girl and I have powered thru 4 seasons of Lost in the last few months... Good stuff. I had it set up with my PC going to my Plasma screen.. It worked, but wasn't convenient because you had to get up to pause or something.. plus the sound was coming out of my PC instead of my surround...

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Dr. Chris, It was super easy. Go drop a bunch of movies in your Instant Play Que on Netflix than just put the disc in your PS3.
    The first time you do it, you will have to type a confirmation number from your TV into Netflix but then you are off and running.

Interface is good and easy to navigate.

5. slug

slug Member

I am into my 2nd month of Netflix, the first being the free month trial. I was hesitant to continue, but now that I've had the PS3 disc for over a week now I will not terminate my subscription. I love it! Its not as flashy as the XBOX360 version, but its very simple and easy to use. You don't even have to log into netflix dot com to add movies to your instant queue, similar to the way xbox is.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Instant queue is just awesome.... Especially on flicks your not sure about... put it in, if it sucks.. stop it and delete. If you get it in a mail, its tied up with the time it takes to ship and back, and when you can get around to watching. Especially for tv show series', you can knock'm out back to back instead of waiting for the next disk (which will prolly be long wait)...

7. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I have had that on my Xbox for almost a year now and I love it (especially since I won't pay for cable TV). It sucks the PS3 owners have to put in a disc to get to netflix though... the Xbox can access it from the dashboard at any time, but apparently Microsoft owns the patent on interfacing with Netflix that way.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 was added to the instant a few weeks ago!!

8. slug

slug Member

Do you need to have an Xbox live account to use the netflix interface?

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

Yes.