New AP Rocks Out

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by siegelracing, Aug 31, 2007.

1. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

WOW!!! The latest update of the AP software freaking ROCKS. 10+ times faster, way sexier. (order yours now ;) )

Siegel

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Is this the AP v2?

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I think he is talking about the newest edition of the firmware.

Matt

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm a EM noob... I just order my AP so I'l all excited

5. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Where did you get it from?

6. Meredith

Meredith Banned

From a friend in Florida... they used it for subaru challenge (for ESP) and now are done with it

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

whats the difference of the new AP vs the older version? Any features that might have to do with tuning?

8. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Can I straight trade my old one in for a new one? ;)

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

for 19.99 you sure can

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

+1

11. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

you have to "order" firmware?

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

^ yeah that's what I'm confused about, I though you bought an accessport and then you filled siegel up with chipolte and it was a done deal.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Maybe it isnt out on their site yet or its for testing purposes, so if you're interested in the firmware you need to ask them for it ?

14. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I didn't even know you had to buy an AP, I thought you just bought him some chicken or something.

They totally don't make APs for my car :(

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

+2

16. WJM

WJM Banned

Its the actual hard coded software on the AP that runs the stuff. Also is the same thing that makes the software work for pro/street tuner.

Lets say you've got the NEWEST APv2...its firmware (i'm making stuff up here as an example) is version 2.000.00 for the APv2.

Now...lets say there's a bug in the display of the High Det fuel map B...and lots of ppl report it and cobb fixes it.

they would release new firmware that fixes the bug....2.000.01a or so.

Now lets say they developed faster base map flashing, found a new map for the 07 ECUs, fixed some throttle-boost compensation error tables, made some colors look better, etc etc...then you could say the new firmware would be 2.100.32b or so.

Get it?

Its free to ppl who are ProTuner users, and StreetTuner users. There is a private forum with these things and special emails.

Cliff notes is: its better software updates that runs the AP and its related software/hardware.

17. savsuby

savsuby Member

I wish I had Ap. I have ecutek.

18. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Anyone know of anything that'll work in my car so I can get it mctuned?

19. WJM

WJM Banned

^^ Unfortunately, no.

20. monk

well, i understand how firmware works, but i've never seen a company charge for firmware - i update my server device firmware often (nas, routers, etc.)... so this isn't it? http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3260

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  21. siegelracing

What I was referring to was the latest AP V2.0 Firmware update 1.1.1.1. Anybody with an AP V2 can download it for free. As long as your AP V2 is already at 1.0.0.5 or newer you can easily update it. It has way cooler colors, lots more live data and 10+ times the speed. I love Cobb for the continual work they do.

Siegel

22. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

So are just as happy with the AP as you were with the Ecotech? I had heard that ecutech was your preferance at one point. Just wondering for future reference.

23. siegelracing

I definitely like the options available with the new AP's. They work GREAT.

Siegel

24. monk

badass... ill try the update this weekend ;)

25. techlord

techlord Active Member

that seems to be the right page...I am updating mine now. I ran #1 first then #2 (mine was for the 2.0L) then open AP manager and help/update firmware and there you go. This rocks!

26. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

how about version one? or does it get no lovin anymore?

27. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^dunno, but if it is like software in general...nope! They want you to upgrade.

28. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

V1 represent yo

29. siegelracing

They will not likely do anything for V1's again. Sell them now while you still can ;)

In all honesty, if you buy your V2 through us, I'll make your transition seamless ;)

Siegel

30. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

whats so special about the v2 other than they are better looking? Give some details and maybe a transition is indeed necessary ;)

31. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

tell my aching wallet that. ;p

32. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

the new firmwear is kick ass

33. WJM

WJM Banned

It looks free to me....:dunno

34. siegelracing

If you have a V2 it's free :D

Siegel

35. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How about you give us a credit on our V1s towards v2s and you sell them :)

36. siegelracing

Absolutely. I'll give you $200 for your V1 ;)

Siegel

37. monk

that's an awesome deal...

38. Meredith

Meredith Banned

V2 has launch control....... Prosolos here I come!

39. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

I updated to V2 1.1.1.1 just before we did the stage 2 install on the car. I didn't hook it up before we did the mods, so I plug it in and I go to the switch maps screen, and it tells me that there are too many maps in there to display and that I needed to use the AP Manager to remove some maps.

The only maps on there were the one it came from the factory with... so if you do the update, remove some of the maps that you don't need, or else you won't be able to switch maps.

Obviously this is where they got the memory space for the new bling... but it would've been nice to see that in big red letters on the download that you needed to have a maximum of X number of maps total. I couldn't even view them to delete them through the AP... I HAD to use the AP Manager. We were at CoolRex's place (no internet) but fortunately I did have my software CD in the AP box with me... and we managed to remove everything unnecessary that was on it map-wise... and freed up enough memory to make it work... but I was more than a little irked.

That being said... I like it... especially the speed of it... it is noticably faster.

40. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

The v2 offers alittle extra conveniance and some extra features over v1. If you are satisfied with the speed you v1 switches maps, and dont mind not having launch control...stick with your v1. That is all.

41. 05wrx

05wrx Member

^+1