new car in the family

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So it's looking very likely that my dad is going to be buying a 350Z in the near future. We're probably going to a dealership in Marietta tonight to check one out that he's been waiting to get shipped to the US: 2006 Black 6-speed Grand Touring model (the whole shebang). Haha I think I'm almost as excited about it as he is. He definitely deserves a new car because both me and my mom have had two cars since his last one.

Now not that this is going to influence my dad's decision whatsoever, but my question is, would you guys wait for the 2007? It just got revealed not too long ago. Hee's the link: http://ww.autoblog.com/2006/12/05/nissan-quietly-drops-new-vq-in-350z

To summarize, the main differences are a new engine the boasts about 6 more ponies (in actuality it is more like 15-20) and a 7500 redline (as opposed to the current 7000) and it has a new hood design (which I personally do not like nearly as much as the current). So do the pros of buying a 2006 (better looking and cheaper) outweigh the cons (a little less power)?

Eh just curious what you guys would say.

And before anyone says it, I worked on him for awhile to go with a STi limited, but he loves his Z cars:)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I say go 06.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

He'll get out the door cheaper with an 06 than he will for an 07.
    Don't forget to tell him that the money he saves by getting the 06 he can spend on
    an APS twin-turbp system for it (or any other turbo setup for that matter). ;)

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, he's actually thinking supercharger (he's old school, what can I say :)). But that probably wouldn't be for a ways down the road.

5. performance first.always!

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well he bought it. It was straight off of the truck, still had the plastic covering it when he took it for a test drive. It's awesome.

7. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

pictures!