New Clutch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well I dropped my car off at TopSpeed tonight to get my new ACT Street Clutch installed. I'm pretty pumped about it. I've been driving with a nearly dead clutch for the last couple of months.

This is a pretty pointless post. I'm just excited :)

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u will like it a lot... however expect to be real jerky... i know i was when i upgraded from a slipping clutch... also, engaugement will be a lot lower and a lot faster

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

hey dewey if you dont mind me asking how much is it costing you...I have a feeling mine needs to be replaced soon also.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think it's going to end up around 1100 after labor. Honestly you could get it all done for cheaper if you buy the clutch somwhere else (gruppe-s for example) and bring it to them. But I was just kind of lazy and wanted to get it all taken care of in one swoop. It's around 1300 to get it done at the dealership. You also might want to talk to mckenzietj, he's done some and offered to help me out, but I already had everything set up with topspeed.

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I got the ACT street clutch for about 500 bucks. and then payed a friend of mine to install it for 200 bucks. Labor ain't cheap!