New Exterior Mods

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by AdrenalineBoyz, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Just threw on a body kit and a carbon fiber hood... LMK what you think... I am a newb to the site and a squid as well to this Scooby stuff... But I know some good shops in the area, But I did the painting and body work stuff myself...

[​IMG]

2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I think I saw you this morning. McDonald's off of Windward.

3. That was me! Eating healthy:wavey::rofl:

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

it's not my style, but whatever makes you happy. :)

welcome to the community!

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

in this boat, but I had a limited and wanted the plainest looking sleeper out there.

welcome :wavey:

6. I like that approach! Honest and opinionated at the same time... let me ask you a question... Have you ever met an uncool Matt in your life? The reason i ask is because I have yet to find a guy named Matt that wasnt cool, and this was brought to my attention by a co-worked named Matt about 3 years ago, and I have been asking that question to every Matt ive ever met and none of them recall an uncool guy named Matt...

7. Matt

yes. I had a roommate once who turned out to be a complete douche. His name is Matt.

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

You've obviously never met this Matt...

9. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

Not a fan, WELCOME though!

10. guess there is a first time for everything... I think everyone becomes a douche at one point or another if your around em too long!

:clap::rofl:Nope but will probably meet him one day! Hell looking around Ive met the following people recently before even joining up here

Killshot Mike.... Actually have known him for 3 years
    Alex - met a few weeks ago
    Versatile Andy - met a few weeks ago
    AllPro Brandon - met a couple days ago...
    Sparta Dana - met a few weeks ago and got an FMIC from him

Had no clue these guys were all a big part of the ATL WRX scene! Looks like I have a good start right off the bat!

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I'm a Matt. I live off windward...I can be an asshole. I'm usually at that McD's in the morning around 9.

12. Hell yeah! A shit ton of cool people here! I think you were infront of me ordering this morning wearing some beanie type hat thing... hope to meet up with ya one day bro! Im leaving work... AKA playing on the internet...

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Not this morning...look for a black wagon

14. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I was in a blue Subaru WRC hat.

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

my ex-stepfather was an abusive asshole. his name was matt.

I say ex, because karma caught up to him and he got squished being a shithead on his motorcycle.

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

my name is Matt (hence the reason i go by Jake), but i live in statesboro. and not my style, but its clean and doesnt have parts falling off

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

paint the hood and grilles, thought it was a Mexiccord for a sec

18. no thanks... not my style

19. BlueByeYou

BlueByeYou Banned

Fail on the body kit, but kudos to you if you like it!

20. LOL You guys think I came on here to gain your approval or some shit... Fail on your comment! As stated before, its my car, and my style, now I just wanna delete the post and move back to the forums I feel at home on, rather than get my style bashed, without any constructive critiscism... Thought this was a forum for enthusiasts, not dickheads!

21. BlueByeYou

BlueByeYou Banned

was I a bit harsh? lol. looks good, congrats on the new parts. I can totally feel for ya after what I went thru just trying to post my car for sell on here. my apoligies sir

22. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Good constructive criticism. I agree.

Personally i rate the body kit 3/10, the hood 3.5/10, the wheels 2/10, ride height 1/10.

My constructive critiscism to fix these items would be along the same lines as B reel, paint the hood body color, paint the grills black, lower the car more and get an aggressive offset wheel that accents the exterior mods you have chosen.

Right now your car has a mix matched look, aggressive/gaudy body kit that completely stands out against the rest of the car, made slightly better by choice in complementing hood and wing. But you dont finish the combination and made very poor wheel selection and carrying a ride height that is to high to really pull it all together in one package.

That is about as constructive as criticism gets around. If you are sissy thin skinned nanny and cant take alittle heat, you wouldnt do well as a community member here anyways.

Anyways, the secret to making any car look start at 2 very basic items. 1)appropriate ride height and 2)appropriate wheel and tire selection. Work on those and you will be moving up the latter quickly.

23. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Looks familiar.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. OK so seeing as how I had the car lowered last week, it appears that I am off to a good start to acheaving your approval... :bowdown::rofl:

[​IMG]

25. Same body kit for sure!! I love it! And have always loved the aspen!

26. Matt

don't worry about the troll...he's gone.

It's YOUR opinion that matters to you. If the majority of people don't like the mods you've done to get your car to how you want it/like it, that's on them. I wouldn't get so defensive.

Just keep this philosophy in mind:

[​IMG]

27. Haters gonna hate! You know you are doing something right if you have haters... Heres another pic of the side profile of the car for the enthusiasts:
    [​IMG]

28. I still wanna space the wheels a bit and get some of the rear wheel flares, and hopefully that will cover up the gap over where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel.

Gonna get the windows tinted soon too, any suggestions?

29. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Super clean.
    Did you make those headlights as well?

30. If I were to be negative about any part of the body kit I would say that the side skirts are a bit too aggressive for my liking, but they look way better than stock when paired with the front and rear bumper.

31. All exterior mods are manufactured at the eBay parts plant:rofl:

yeah its all ebay specials... I cheaped out on most the exterior, but spent top dollar under the hood, and chose the right mechanic... KILLSHOT!!

32. Matt

I concur.

33. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

Wrx: The new Honda Civic!
    [​IMG]

34. Matt

way to beat a dead horse... :|

35. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I cant believe I missed this thread, o wow. ill stop here.

nice car.

36. Banana

Banana Member

I would look at an aggressive wheel package with that aggressive of a body kit. Ditch those wheels.

37. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Not a fan of body kits but nice ride. Personally, since you got an inverted scoop, i would ditch the wing for a cleaner, sleeker look. I think the sti wing only looks good with the regular hood scoop.