New Fuel Filter and fluids

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ARTbluSubaru, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

I am going to replace some fluids and the fuel filter pretty soon and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I am replacing the transmission/differential fluid and brake fluid, and putting in a new fuel filter. I am reading good things about Red Line Synthetic for the gear oil and Super Vlue/ Type 200 Gold for the brake fluid. For the fuel filter, I was looking at Bosch, but does anyone know how it compares to the stock filter (which wicks makes I think)?

2. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

make that Super Blue for the brake fluid

3. ptc075

ptc075 Member

Is this going to be a daily driver? Is so you may want to avoid super-blue. From what I understand, racing grade brake fluids are extremely hydroscopic (they absorb water quickly) & are meant to be changed... well, pretty much after every race. I think I heard you could go maybe 3 months at a time between changes if you really wanted to push it, but no more.

If you're still interested, I have a sealed can I picked up for free earlier this year that I'm not going to use (for the reason listed above). If you want it, PM me & it's yours.

-Chris!

4. ARTbluSubaru

ARTbluSubaru New Member

I checked for that on the bottle before I put the fluids in the car. They recommend replacing the fluid once every 2-3 years depending on usage I guess.