New Inexpensive Desktop Computer For Mom, or fix?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AirMax95, Nov 14, 2008.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Ok, so her birthday is Monday and her current desktop computer is outdated and slow as crap. She does not need a super gaming computer, nor does she need tons of memory. All I need is the computer, no monitor or mouse. I prefer a new one w/ warranty, receipt and everything, just because its my mom, lol.

Is it cheaper to "upgrade/fix" her current desktop, or buy an inexpensive one from Walmart/CCity/Best Buy/Frys/brandsmart? All I would need is MS Office.

I can't remember what she currently has, but its my old.

Thanks in advance

~Tereance

2. tybalt6691

tybalt6691 Member

check out my post, but that is over kill, you can get a good deal from dell outlet, check online, DONT BUY Emachine or any hp crap from wallmart/bust buy. Go to dell for warantee and google dell outlet.

3. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

So I can go to the websites above and pay close to what you have yours for? She will be pissed if I spend over $400 on a computer, lol. She is not that "into" them, but I don't want it to suck either.

Edit: Went to the dell outlet and DAMN that shit's cheap! Now I need to figure out which to buy.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. tybalt6691

tybalt6691 Member

buy mine

I mean, shit dont look at dell outlet thats shits janky, buy my pc.....::sx: