New member with a couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fife1bullet, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Fife1bullet

Fife1bullet New Member

:confused: :confused: I drive a 2002 Wrx that is pretty much stock, but want to upgrade the rotors/pads & exhaust system. Any suggestions?

2. blink

blink Member

on rotors and pads, not sure, i have stock ones still.. on the exhaust question, your gonna get a lot of different answers.. I'd say HKS Hi-Power, just cause thats what i have, and I love it... im biased =)

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

First thing we need to know is, how loud do you want to be? ;)

I have the Blitz NUR Spec Touring with a catted Downpipe and it's VERY quiet. When you are at WOT, it sounds mean as hell but not abnoxious like most of the other ones out there IMO. The key is to get an exhaust with a big can vs a lil fart can.

4. flip

flip Member

you could always go with the sti break system :). Brembo is great. I'm not really sure on the details...

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

read the braking theory thread. :)

None of these guys have heard me since I got Random Technologies catted DP back, but I think its very subtle and cool. I recommend it.

7. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i have really liked my carbotech bobcat pads. my .02 is to get an exhaust like trey said that is quiet under normal driving conditions, but comes alive when you are on it hard. ive had reallllly loud exhaust on both my wrx's and it gets old....

8. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

9. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Good to see ya made it here!

I have some pads for sale in the for sale forum as well /plug

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

+1 for Random tech exhaust.....

Alex probably has an exhaust for sale.... ;) :dunno

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

When it comes to rotor and pad upgrades, are you still driving on Stock tires. Braking is only going to be as good as the tires can handle. If you are still running the Stock RE92s, upgrade your tires first, that will improve your braking. If you have Hi performance tires and still want to upgrade brakes, I think Subydude.com has a pretty good deal on a brake upgrade of the WRX. I think someone here just got it, maybe they will chime in with their opinions.

12. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i think u should get a catbak,downpipe, uppipe = max sound, proformance, headache..
    over all i would rec'mond subydude.com's brake upgrade kits...